Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOLQ Cheshire.

AOLQ Cheshire.

Dear all

Just wondered if anyone under Cheshire authority has AOLQ?

I heard a rumour that Cheshire were considering issuing this as per the guidelines/ACPO directive.

KR

I will come out of the closet have it

What? You mean you have it Mark?

KR

Jon

I did say "After you" Mark!!!, I have it back yesterday, but I need to clear an odd firearm off ticket that I don't have anymore.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Finn do you have it too?

KR

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon2 View Post
    Finn do you have it too?

KR

Jon
    Yes, Along with a few other Cheshire bods who have kept it dark!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well done Steve and Matt, after all these are acpo guidlines not Sharon Deightons guidlines or personal agenda!

I should add that a thorough discussion was had with my new feo, & I felt he was understanding of the situation, I also agreed with his thoughts on the merits, or otherwise of handing it out any old how, after all "Overkill" is still in some forces vocabulary.

Never mind "overkill" Steve how about "underkill"? AOLQ is something that I agree with and think is useful on all certificates but what about those guys that use it in order to shoot large wild boar with a .243win. Yes there are some guys with the necessary knowledge and skill to take large boar with a .243win as much as I disagree with it, but there are also some guys who don't have the necessary and continue to take advantage of a loophole in the law that allows the use of unsuitable calibres. The obvious solution to this is introducing legislation rather than guidance with regard to wild boar.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.