Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pups without papers

Pups without papers

Before I go into this I really don't want a massive slanging match about dogs with or without kennel club papers ,my mate rescued two lab bitches a mother and daughter they were well trained......no very well trained and he has picked up for me this last season with them .the younger bitch is of a breeding age and quite a few people on the shoot expressed an interest in her pups should she have any in the future .what does the SD members think a fair price would be for a pup from such a dog who has no paper work .lets consider she will be health checked and scored and put to a FTW dog who also picks up for me .
    kind regards
    ​norma

Hi Norma, The exact same thing happened to a member of my picking up team, I believe he charged 300 for bitches 250 for dog pups all sold within 2 weeks.

hi, when I was looking for my dog(ridgeback) all the one's I found without papers were about 100 cheaper. I did get a kc one as I wanted and did breed from mine, but if I wanted one with no plans of breeding I,d buy one without papers no problem.
    not much help as always, stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

200 to 300 is about the going rate for this area although I've seen them reduced to 150 to sell the last one's.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

I would off thought ur all well cheap at that money, i'd off thought around 3-400, and esp so if parents are health checked. The KC paperwork isn't worth the paper it is written on,

Best marketing scam ever, everyone thinks that because it has papers it will make a difference, as long as both dogs are good workers go for it, see plenty of sh**e bitches go to top stud's and sell pup's for silly money

I can't see why they wouldn't go for 250-300.
    My first lab wasn't registered and it didn't seem to affect her working ability.

Most people don't want to breed anyway, even going so far as to having them spayed/castrated ridiculously early in life.
    Is it just me being cynical and thinking someones making a quick buck by recommending this ?

I'd pay 250 for one, dog or bitch. Only other thought is how will you know the sire isnt closely related?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Before I go into this I really don't want a massive slanging match about dogs with or without kennel club papers ,my mate rescued two lab bitches a mother and daughter they were well trained......no very well trained and he has picked up for me this last season with them .the younger bitch is of a breeding age and quite a few people on the shoot expressed an interest in her pups should she have any in the future .what does the SD members think a fair price would be for a pup from such a dog who has no paper work .lets consider she will be health checked and scored and put to a FTW dog who also picks up for me .
    kind regards
    ​norma
    Doug
    does your mate know anything of the past about these dogs pedigree wise if they are pedigree or not , Health wise and wether they are related to the potential stud dog???

i have a springer bitch no papers . lined her with a good working dog no papers an had 7 pups . put the up for 300 each no takers on the first week . next week a brought them down to 250 and i could have sold 50 pups if i had them. anyway my does not know she has no papers an works as good as any