Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 hornet slot

17 hornet slot

finally got my ticket back from the plod. got a slot for a 17 hornet on it but it seems there are only savage available...
    don't really like the look of them.. but just wondred if anyone has one? if so how have you found it?
    did really fancy a Ruger but not going to here untill next year it seems. so its either build one or go for a savage i suppose...
    any thoughts guys??

I would look at Weirauch or CZ both probably better than svage.

move with the times old keeper he meens hornet not hmr soother 223 i had to opt reluctantly for a savage but it has grown on me .shame you are so far away you could have a play.bit of a git to home load for but i'm starting to feel the rifle and i'm usually a tikka man.
    nothing to loose bud.

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    move with the times old keeper he meens hornet not hmr soother 223 i had to opt reluctantly for a savage but it has grown on me .shame you are so far away you could have a play.bit of a git to home load for but i'm starting to feel the rifle and i'm usually a tikka man.
    nothing to loose bud.
    Any issues obtaining brass dies etc? is it as accurate as they claim? also which one did you end up getting?
    i know i have the slot now but if its going to be a nightmare i might opt for a different cal... would be a shame as it would suit my requirements perfectly

Ooops, senile decay must have set in, soreeeee

i got brass dies from norman clarkes no problem.i got the cheap plastic one with a sonic mod and it was easy as quiet as a hmr but since i have shortened the barrel (i like carbines)its louder.your on a 2p at 100 but i'm working on loads and thats the beauty i wont quit till i get it on a 1p size. i wanted something that put me in charge of ammo (sick of hmr) but was fast and most important safe.oh and not to close to my 223 ,i shoot the heavy rounds wich are a tad to much for bunny bashing.i'm the sort of chap who likes quality gear but the savage does grow on you alot.
    mike

That little savage looks to be a real well made, and very accurate little rifle this guy likes it a lot.
    He just needs to ensure he keeps them whiskers outta the action.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    That little savage looks to be a real well made, and very accurate little rifle this guy likes it a lot.
    He just needs to ensure he keeps them whiskers outta the action.lol

do you think they double up as some sort of rifle slings???? lol..
    to be honest looks better in the video than it does in the pics!

i am with you on that Triggersqeezer! got rid of my hmr a few years ago. was fantastic when it first came out then the ammo went down hill!!
    i'm looking for somethin safe, quiet & deadly out to 250-300yds. might be the best round for me to get into nightvision with too...

Just for the record I'am a big 17 fan myself and have been shooting a 17 remington for lots of years love the little 17 rem, but that hornet looks to be a very efficient little cartridge which will be very economical to reload.....