Thread: New scope smells of rat

New scope smells of rat

New scope arrived from America today. I bought the millet lrs 6-25x56 from America through eBay. But when I opened the millet box alarm bells started ringing. Where there should of been a half decent long range scope was a cheap secondhand Barska. Absolutely raging at this so got in touch with seller who says and I quote, millet must of put the wrong scope in the box at the factory. So without getting accused of slander watch out when buying optics through a certain American in Florida on eBay.

Normally pretty easy getting disputes resolved on eBay in the uk, from experience.
    not sure if it works the same on eBay in the us but don't see why not?
    best of lick getting it sorted!

ebay rules are same usa and uk not as discribed at point of sale have at em feller get you dosh back and slag the seller at every chance you get
    wot a septic tank

Seller still not replied to my complaint and ebay can't step in until the seller has not replied after a 10 day period so here comes another fortnight or more without scope on new 308. I haven't even fired it yet. Cheers any way guys

Well just hope he doesnt get back to you, ebay will refund you and you will end up with a free scope, sell that and then buy a better scope! happened to me a few years back when ordering a knife from europe!
    Atb James*

Did you pay through PayPal? Start a dispute.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Finally got refund through PayPal. Thanks All for advice. The real millett lrs arrived last weekend. Very impressed for money spent.

​all the best nick

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Normally pretty easy getting disputes resolved on eBay in the uk, from experience.
    not sure if it works the same on eBay in the us but don't see why not?
    best of lick getting it sorted!
    You must be using a different ebay to me then!

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    You must be using a different ebay to me then!
    Normally straight forward as long as there is an identifiable problem with your purchase and you can prove it with documents or evidence of some sort or another. Ie goods not arriving, faulty or not as described. just have to open a dispute with PayPal and jump through the hoops with providing the information they ask for. Obviously this only applies if you have paid via PayPal.