Thread: sako 85 finnlight

sako 85 finnlight

Hi guys,I've got a Sako 85 Finnlight .243 it has a 9-13 non swivel bipod fitted, its screw cut and ive got a wildcat predator 8 fitted,I've noticed that when the bipod is not in use the rubber legs are touching the moderator does any stalkers on this forum have the same set up? and if so how have they stopped this problem other than purchasing another make of moderator
    Atb John

You can try and put an extended delrin/plastic block on the bottom of the forend.

you can have this one below to try, i don't use it any more, only use sicks.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/HB7A.html
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

cheers Rotwild,I"ll pm you my adress i"ll pay postage and for the block.
    Atb John

i have a sako 85 and fitted with a t8 mod the rubber tips do rest on the mod but it this has no impact on the rifle as the spings are at rest and my mod has camtype around it as socks can let water in under them and rust a t8
    if you feel it has an impack on your rifle as james above states may be he could make you a spacer and extended fitting to replace your one
    atb
    paul

No prob's mate, don't worry about postage it only the cost of a stamp,
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

sorry did't see this post what a top chap well done

Quote Originally Posted by Rotwild View Post
    you can have this one below to try, i don't use it any more, only use sicks.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/HB7A.html

Thats what makes this such a brilliant forum having members like Rotwild and others.
    ​Atb John

Quote Originally Posted by J DAVISON View Post
    Hi guys,I've got a Sako 85 Finnlight .243 it has a 9-13 non swivel bipod fitted, its screw cut and ive got a wildcat predator 8 fitted,I've noticed that when the bipod is not in use the rubber legs are touching the moderator does any stalkers on this forum have the same set up? and if so how have they stopped this problem other than purchasing another make of moderator
    Atb John
    I have almost exactly the same setup and from memory the feet just clear the mod... the bipod is a Harris but I can't remember the exact specs. It could just be down to manufacturing differences but by the sound of it you are sorted now anyway! Well done Rotwild!

​Alex

Many thanks Rotwild,Job sorted.
    ​Atb John.