Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BSA Airsporter Stutzen

BSA Airsporter Stutzen

I always fancvied one of these when they came out, but having a very young family and a very young mortgage made it impossible. Some twenty or thirty years later I got my hands on a standard model Airsporter, and decided to have a go at making my own stock. Being a left hooker I thought I'd make one to suit me. (BSA only made a right handed cheek piece on theirs). Quite happy for a first attempt

oooh thats nice

apart from being wrong handed of course

Right handed, but have a sinister eye.

Loved the airsporters as a young lad and just bought a mint MK 6, would love a good MK 1 or 2 but thier getting a bit rough the ones I've seen, is that a complete new stock or is that a join by the rear sight, either way nice job. deerwarden.

Very tidy bit of work there buckup, well done. I remember nearly losing a finger tip as a lad with one of these.
    (cocking lever slipped before fully engaged one very cold winter morning) which I won't forget in a hurry !
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 13-04-2013 at 23:27.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Looks superb I also have a soft spot for Airsporters as I saved hard to get one 2nd hand when I was 13 and it was my first "real" air rifle was out with it almost 24/7 and had it for years as well as a Mercury.Always liked the look of the stutzen and you have made an excellent job with that one,would love a centenary model but they are like hens teeth and pricey now but you have given me the notion to keep an eye out for a RB2 model now!!

In my early 20's I had one of these, together with an Original Mod 50.
    Oh how I wish I had kept both

Very nice bit of work there buckup

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Loved the airsporters as a young lad and just bought a mint MK 6, would love a good MK 1 or 2 but thier getting a bit rough the ones I've seen, is that a complete new stock or is that a join by the rear sight, either way nice job. deerwarden.
    No joint other than the forend tip which I thought would look nice. I can see what you are looking at though, it's just the angle of the light and where the wood starts to narrow from the underlever slot to the barrel width. Started out with a chunk of beech and cut it out rough with a chainsaw. The rest was done with an attachment on my angle grinder plus a lot of hand sanding. It's my first attempt, so I didn't want to risk a lot of cash on a quality bit of wood, only to mess it up.
    Last edited by buckup; 14-04-2013 at 09:08.

Very nice

Beech is a excellent wood to use. Look at the result you got!
    ​1st class!!!
    Last edited by Simjim33; 14-04-2013 at 09:09.