deer out of seaSON

wraith

JUST HAD PHONE CALL FROM FARMER ASKING TO GO UP TO FARM AND SHOOT A RED DEER :eek:he says its bean limping around for the last few mornings and recons it has bean hit by a car simple qweston 1can i shoot 2 if i can shoot the beast can i take it from the land or do i have to leave it for the foxes as its now 9 i would be shooting it in the dark would i have to inform the police that im going out to shoot it

Shoot it on welfare issues . Your only mistake has been putting it on this open forum . Shut the thread and do the deed . Everyone's happy , and the deers not suffering .

simple answer is yes you can shoot it if you deem it and keep the meat
as for the time that rule will apply as you will have a right to prevent any further pain and suffering.

defy any to offer adverse reply and any good reason why

Shoot it on welfare issues . Your only mistake has been putting it on this open forum . Shut the thread and do the deed . Everyone's happy , and the deers not suffering .
hi bud had to put it on hear as i do not wish to loose my gun and was unsure of how the law works in situations like this thanks for your reply il deal with it within the law first light and give it a good look over before shooting if that is recwired

Last edited:
You are within the law, but inform the police and make sure the farmer is willing to back you on the welfare grounds.
pss I could give you a good reason why if you really want one in a pm

You don't have to inform anyone. Go to it, observe it for yourself and if it is suffering then within the terms of the Deer Act you are entitled to use any means at your disposal to end its suffering if you have reasonable belief that in so doing it will cause rapid unconsciousness and death.

You are entitled to remove the carcass if you have the landowner's consent.

That said, if it is in a sensitive area with likely onlookers then it would be prudent to notify the police and or secure written consent from the landowner.

You don't have to inform anyone. Go to it, observe it for yourself and if it is suffering then within the terms of the Deer Act you are entitled to use any means at your disposal to end its suffering if you have reasonable belief that in so doing it will cause rapid unconsciousness and death.

You are entitled to remove the carcass if you have the landowner's consent.

That said, if it is in a sensitive area with likely onlookers then it would be prudent to notify the police and or secure written consent from the landowner.

+1

written request/consent.
video video video!

​and dont get caught trying to sell in the kitchen door of the local pub!

Back