Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr Angry

Mr Angry

Out with the pooch this morning onto the fields next to my home and could not understand why my little Brittany spaniel would not come back but instead just sat about 30 yards away looking at me. Little annoyed with him I marched to him full of hell.

He was actually doing what he was trained to do and was sitting guarding a rib cage and skinned roe pelt. Trouble is this is next to a well used dog walkers route. This has not done us shooters any favours at all. Why not just bin remains. I dont get some people.
    Sorry for the rant.

Blog Entries
    Probably shot last night mate and as such has as little to do with legitimate shooters as I do with male modelling.

Stalkers don't skin and butcher in the field. Why leave a rib cage?
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Accurate

Whereabouts in the north west did this occur? Any where near Carlisle? Just wondering if your possible poachers are likely to visit near me. I've not seen any evidence of poaching, but I'm not that naive to think that we would be exempt? Just how widespread is poaching? Are there any official figures or is it a case of the nature of the activity makes it difficult to say how prolific it is?

North East N1trox,

by the sounds of it I would say poachers, lots of it going on at the moment, been seeing lots of 4x4 tracks tearing up crop fields round here!!

Imo absolute rubbish about poachers...

No poacher will skin a deer out in the field..

Seems far more likely another dog or fox has pulled it out into field....

Could have died naturally
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Blog Entries
    I don't know much about the MO of a poacher but when my area got hit that's exactly what we found dumped in our lane. 2 carcasses so no chance of a busy fox.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

most poachers I know use running dogs, so do the pikes, and generally take the carcasses!

Most poacher I know of use running dogs, so do the pikes and they generally take all the carcass without gutting also.

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Imo absolute rubbish about poachers...

No poacher will skin a deer out in the field..

Seems far more likely another dog or fox has pulled it out into field....

Could have died naturally
    There have been a few deer seen around the local nissan car plant as nothing can get near them but in all the years I have lived here deer havent been seen locally. My gut feeling is it had simply been home butchered and the remains thrown into fields. We have a fox population and I could understand if these had been staked out but obviously just thrown over the fence for disposal.

My gut feeling is it had simply been home butchered and the remains thrown into fields. We have a fox population and I could understand if these had been staked out but obviously just thrown over the fence for disposal.[/QUOTE]

+1 on that scenario. The deer has been taken from who knows where, by what ever means, legitimate or most probably poached, then butchered at home. The unwanted remains have then been dumped. By dumping in the field they can't be traced back to who done it, whereas it put in mr. poachers bin he may have some explaining to do if for some unknown reason he was caught.
    That's my theory anyway