Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: applying for fac

  1. #1

    applying for fac

    need a little guidance on filling in the ammo section what do i put in i want to hold 200 of 17/223/243 buy 100 at a time how do you put in the expanding ammo is it 100 solids 100 expanding ?

  2. #2
    .17hmr 500 purchase and 600 to poccess
    .223 200 purchase and 260 poccess and same for .243
    If your reloading you may need an higher amount.
    From what i remember you don't need to ask for either expanding or fmj,
    As long as your rifle justification isn't just for target shooting only.
    Another words you have permission on land to shoot pest/vermin etc

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    2p worth
    find some one on here from your neck of the wood feller as each force seam to have a diff veiw on the amount thay will allow to buy and hold and some dealers need you to show you can buy exp mis and exp bullets also use when putting the name of ammo you intend to buy hold use both the metric and imp
    ie: 556/223 or 7.62/308 .243/6mil wording means a lot to some dealers or forces!

  4. #4
    Smoker, your ammunition allowance covers ammunition loaded with both expanding and target bullets as ALL ammunition purchased needs to be recorded
    Target or non expanding projectiles do not need to be recorded on your licence and thus you can buy as many as you want but once loaded count towards your overall allowance.
    Unless you can prove you have permission to shoot pest/vermin/AOLQ etc.... on named land you will not be granted permission to hold expanding ammunition or expanding projectiles, but if youare granted expanding ammunition and reload the projectiles therefore will also count towards your overall allowance, ie 200 to hold means you could have 100 loaded rounds and 100 projectiles or any combination of the two as long as you dont exceed 200.


  5. #5
    I'd go for 500/600 .17
    200/300 with the .223/.243

    That's what I asked for and got. Just make sure you have some space because CF ammo does take up a lot of space!

    I wrote [expanding] on the form initially, but haven't done so since when applying for variations.

    No reason to differentiate between expanding and target ammo at those quantities. If you wanted 2000 target rounds in .22 and 1000 expanding you may want to differentiate.

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  6. #6
    thank you for your replies

  7. #7

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 19:49
  2. Applying for 'Open Ticket'
    By foxbuster in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 17:27
  3. FAC is this to much
    By goldypurple in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 11:40
  4. Applying for a centerfire for recreational staling.
    By passionforhunting in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 15:30
  5. applying for a FAC
    By guevara in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 20:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts