Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Cabelas

  1. #1

    Cabelas

    Has anyone bought equipment over the internet from Cabelas in the US? I so was it a trouble free transaction and were there any problems with customs & delivery? atb Tim

  2. #2
    I have bought a fair few things from them over the past few years and have found them excellent to deal with. Shipping charges usually equate to the price in dollars that you see. Delivery is quick, tracked and as with the last item; duty can be paid straight away instead of when it arrives in the UK.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Goingback View Post
    I have bought a fair few things from them over the past few years and have found them excellent to deal with. Shipping charges usually equate to the price in dollars that you see. Delivery is quick, tracked and as with the last item; duty can be paid straight away instead of when it arrives in the UK.
    Agree with the above. I don't often shop there, but was very impressed with paying the Duty up front the last time I shopped there. Have shopped there since '99 with an order every two years or so. No issues so far. Regards JCS

  4. #4
    Shipping....awesome, i have ordered from them over the years and it takes 7-10 days, but my last order for a deer cart took 4 days!
    You could try and get someone to place the order with you and share the cost of shipping.
    Cheers
    Richard

  5. #5
    lots of times no problems so far
    same as bass-pro shops . and if you become a reg buyer thay have some silly deals on stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Has anyone bought equipment over the internet from Cabelas in the US? I so was it a trouble free transaction and were there any problems with customs & delivery? atb Tim

  6. #6
    Does paying duty up front save you the outrageous Parcelforce handling charge one used to have to pay on receipt?

  7. #7
    "Après à peine 1 an d'existence, et pleins de promesses, le site Cabela's.fr ferme ses portes." After less than a year, and full of promise, Cabela's has closed it's doors, according to google. Zut alors! Sacre Bleu! Bugger!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dvbookshop View Post
    Does paying duty up front save you the outrageous Parcelforce handling charge one used to have to pay on receipt?
    Yeah, i was wondering that and i was also wondering how cabelas go about calculating and charging you import duty, tax and then paying UK customs on your behalf? seems to good to be true to me

    Ian.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Yeah, i was wondering that and i was also wondering how cabelas go about calculating and charging you import duty, tax and then paying UK customs on your behalf? seems to good to be true to me Ian.
    It worked for me the last time I placed an order. One payment at the point of ordering on Cabelas. No Parcel Force fee or additional charges. Regards JCS

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    It worked for me the last time I placed an order. One payment at the point of ordering on Cabelas. No Parcel Force fee or additional charges. Regards JCS
    I think you were just lucky not to have had your parcel intercepted by UK customs.
    I just had a look at cabelas international shipping policy and it clearly states that all duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.

    Ian.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Cabelas Safari Jacket XXXL
    By barongcw in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 15:40
  2. Cabelas Europe !!!!!
    By Hales Smut in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:32
  3. Cabelas Boar Hide Trousers
    By scrumbag in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 09:02
  4. For Sale Cabelas Auto Feeder
    By wirehair in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-05-2011, 10:26
  5. Cabelas
    By cockerdog in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 10:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •