Thread: New hand made knife

New hand made knife

I have just received my new knife and have posted some pics of it.
    The knife was made by a customer who comes in the shop where I work. I got talking to the chap who was looking for some sealer for a rifle stock that he was making and we got chatting about guns and shooting when he said that he all so had made a few knifes. As soon as he said knife and hand made I was hooked as I have a love for most things that are hand made.He said he had some photos on his phone and I was soon flicking through and planing a new knife.We arranged to meet again and he said he would bring a laptop with more photos on and some blanks for me to try.A couple of weeks later and he was back with laptop and some blanks and template and we set about the design for a new knife.And being a retired army man and keen hunter he knew a lot about what made a good knife,so of he went with my design and about 4Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	505.9 KB 
ID:	27093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	513.3 KB 
ID:	27094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	27095 weeks later rang me and said I will be in to see you this week with your knife I hadn't seen the knife up till now and I have to say when he arrived and unwrapped it I was over the moon with it.The smell of the leather sheath and the oil on the handle are just fantastic.I have used the knife and have to it is extremely sharp and fits like a glove.As I said I love hand made items so after having it for a week or two I was back on the phone talking about a another knife I had in mind. The new knife is underway and I will post some pics on here when I get my hands on it. I would like to thank ### for the hard work he has put in to it(I dont know if he is is a member or not on here so have left his name out as have not asked him yet)

Very nice if he is a member on here he needs to be trade when he's that capable I can see some orders forthcoming.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Very nice if he is a member on here he needs to be trade when he's that capable I can see some orders forthcoming.
    Thanks. When I next see him I will find out and if not talk to him about joining.