Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which bipod ?

Which bipod ?

Need some help. I'm looking for a light weight bipod. Swivel type, I have a haris on one but want a very light one for my light weight stalking setup. Not sure what's out there at the moment and would appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks.

Id stick with the Harris, and put another Weetabix in the bowl
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

SD Regular
    If you want superlight go Stoney Point Rapid Pivot - great system.
    http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/...rone_bnch.html
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    If you want superlight go Stoney Point Rapid Pivot - great system.
    http://www.stoneypoint.com/products/...rone_bnch.html
    it's also great for snapping at the sling stud fixture once you've used it for a few months, and having your rifle fly backwards off your shoulder and land on the barrel/scope..truly and excellent system - LOL!

I'm only saying this because I've had it happen three times with two sets of these...emailed stoneypoint about it, they didn't even reply...

I have to admit the concept is brilliant, but the quality in the screws lacks, big time.

I am in a minority amongst my shooting friends who all use Harris, i prefer the Versa Pod which i think is a far superior system.

Ian.

Have to agree with the poor strengh on the screw at the stud, snapped with me also, so no more stoney point for me i'm afraid.

Harris, or edgar bros, nothing much between them. (Z-aim not that bad also)

George.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    it's also great for snapping at the sling stud fixture once you've used it for a few months, and having your rifle fly backwards off your shoulder and land on the barrel/scope..truly and excellent system - LOL!

I'm only saying this because I've had it happen three times with two sets of these...emailed stoneypoint about it, they didn't even reply...

I have to admit the concept is brilliant, but the quality in the screws lacks, big time.

I have these on 3 rifles since 2006 and have never had a problem......but may make the pins out of stainless to make sure.
    I have a Harris on my Sako 75, but still not convinced. It adds a bit of weight to the whole set up.

The only downside to the stoneypoint is trying to shoot off a car roof/bonnet is they splay open.

I would say Harris all day long. I think the stoneypoint are over priced rubbish I bought a set of stoneypoint polecat sticks took them to scotland stalking with me they only lasted two days befour I threw them away and went back to useing my 25 one's.