Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bisley

Bisley

I shot at bisley yesterday and had the pleasure of watching around 40 red deer wander out on to the range and stood grazing about 250yds away,apparently it's a conservation thing I heard someone say.

NRA Spring 2013

Pages 41 & 42 explain in detail

It's fantastic to see, but a pain in the *rse as they take the p*ss, knowing that they are untouchable

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I was at the BSRC yesterday and had the novel and unexpected experience of being locked in the target shed during a target change. I was quietly patching up my target on the table when I heard the clunk of the bolts as everyone else left the shed without looking back. I tried to shout and bang at the door, but everyone was wearing ear defenders or was deaf! It's perfectly safe, it's behind a concrete wall, behind a sandbank, and I couldn't open to door to expose myself to danger, but it was bloody annoying! Luckily I was able to call someone on my mobile to come and fetch me before shooting resumed. Oh how everyone laughed! A new footnote to the induction notes is needed I think. "Make sure you don't lock people in the target shed".

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I was at the BSRC yesterday and had the novel and unexpected experience of being locked in the target shed during a target change. I was quietly patching up my target on the table when I heard the clunk of the bolts as everyone else left the shed without looking back. I tried to shout and bang at the door, but everyone was wearing ear defenders or was deaf! It's perfectly safe, it's behind a concrete wall, behind a sandbank, and I couldn't open to door to expose myself to danger, but it was bloody annoying! Luckily I was able to call someone on my mobile to come and fetch me before shooting resumed. Oh how everyone laughed! A new footnote to the induction notes is needed I think. "Make sure you don't lock people in the target shed".
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Is that a first??? I'll bet the Chairman wasn't there or he'd have gone potty
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

yep, we believe it was the first instance of someone being locked in the shed - I was the one that PM phoned, I must admit I was tempted to leave him there for a bit.
    However, despite the target shed being behind concrete walling and off to one side you just never know what might happen.
    Once we got PM back, thankfully in one piece and without him looking like a collander, we all had a right laugh about it.
    Maybe the Ark Royal approach should be adopted, as in, we counted them all out and we counted them all back in again..........
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

I think maybe there should be some system with a cord that you pull and it waves a little flag over the roof to signal that you've been locked in. I mean if it happened at the end of the day it would be realy inconvenient. That said, I don't want to contemplate the bureaucratic nightmare that would result from asking the NRA and MoD for permission to add a new flag or process to what's in the "Bisley Bible". I'm just about done with Bisley-related paperwork for now. I'll take my chances in the shed.

PM, you were born to work at Bisley.
    Checking the shed before closing the door? Surely that would be simpler?
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

No. There has to be a test and a form, and a training programme delivered by the NRA on behalf of the MoD on shed safety.

PM, Geoshot: I leave you alone and look what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    NRA Spring 2013

Cheers
    iain
    Thanks for posting this. Not seen it for a long time and enjoyed reading it.