Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best factory made shooting sticks

Best factory made shooting sticks

Hi All,

I'm after a set of shooting sticks and have narrowed it down to either the Knobloch, Bogpod or Vanguard bipod models. I appreciate that many use the home made garden cane/ wooden versions but I'd appreciate peoples views on the 3 factory models above.

How do people find the weight, ease of deployment, general feel of the sticks?

Cheers!

i have a set of vanguard scout sticks. i really like them light to carry easy to set up. the top is on a swivel which i really like only issue i have with them is they can be a noisey if you hit somthing by accident other than that great sticks.

Andy7mm

i have no experience with the brands above but i have a pair of stoney point polecat sticks, i have had them for about 12 years and they have took alot of abuse. whatever time they fall apart i will be ordering another pair

I have Knobloch and Vanguard tripods. Knobloch are well made and taller than the Vanguards but the swivel on the Vanguard gives them the edge, pity they are not a little bit taller. No problem if you are not 6feet plus.

Great. One of the guys I know uses Knobloch sticks which he really likes. I like the idea of a swivel head and the height thing should not be a problem. Many thanks chaps.

this feller is selling Knobloch (mmbeatle) SD Member thay are real good .
    and i also use 18 home made quad sticks from BQ bean poll sticks
    atb
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    i have no experience with the brands above but i have a pair of stoney point polecat sticks, i have had them for about 12 years and they have took alot of abuse. whatever time they fall apart i will be ordering another pair
    Same here, I have used the Stoney Point ones for 10+ years, easily the best on the market. The design of the top is far superior to any of the 'X' type ones simply because they don't have to have a piece of tape added as an afterthought to stop them being pushed open by the weight of the rifle or volume of the fore-end. I have a reserve set in the cupboard in case I ever lose them or run them over.

Before parting with good money for factory sticks I would seriously consider a set of Limulus's hand made ones . .

I use the Stoneypoint Explorer bipod sticks, Actually I use 2 sets.... they are fixed together at the bottom with rubber martingale stops to make quad sticks.

Been usuing these for about 5 years, excellent quality but, not the cheapest.

ATB
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

I have some Knobloc's and a set of old bushwear ones. I bought the Knobloc's as the bushwear bottom legs became pitted, my advice is buy Bushwear ones and replace them every 5+ years and you will have 25 years worth of sticks before you are up to the price of Knobloc's.

Not saying the Knoblocs are bad because they are not, But i cant call the bushwear ones either for the price.