Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buccleuch Estates Bowhill Job

Buccleuch Estates Bowhill Job

Did any of you apply for this? Have you heard anything? A mate of mine applied but has had no response. JC

Literally just had an email saying I had not made the shortlist!!!
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

I spoke to Claire Campbell (head of HR Buccleuch LTD) last week and she stated all candidates would be notified either way by this Thursday, the delay is due to a high number of applicants. Woolly

Not as good as it used to be ,I know a few of thier keepers personally lots of red tape and paper work and not the perks they used to get either .saying that there is far worse places to work I'm sure .
    good luck who ever gets a shout at it .
    Norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 16-04-2013 at 16:27.

The job on offer was recently vacated by a mate who worked there for 25 years. At one time I would have cut my arm of for his job but times have changed dramatically at Buccleuch. It used to be a job for life, house and other perks part of the deal. In retirement I believe a house was part of the package. As Norma so rightly says red tape and paperwork along with an erosion of the perks make the job less attractive.
    A sign of the times no doubt when everybody needs to tighten belts. A lovely part of the country to work in and all the best to the successful candidate. The man who left the job will be a hard act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    The job on offer was recently vacated by a mate who worked there for 25 years. At one time I would have cut my arm of for his job but times have changed dramatically at Buccleuch. It used to be a job for life, house and other perks part of the deal. In retirement I believe a house was part of the package. As Norma so rightly says red tape and paperwork along with an erosion of the perks make the job less attractive.
    A sign of the times no doubt when everybody needs to tighten belts. A lovely part of the country to work in and all the best to the successful candidate. The man who left the job will be a hard act to follow.
    We have a mutual friend then i believe. I took his son in law to be stalking 2 seasons back. Havn't heard from him for a while although knowing him he will bounce back. Many happy memories of stalking on Boughton Estate before he moved up to Drumlanrig.

Good man.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I think you may mean Roy G Malc ?he has been gone a while now and as you say defo bounced back .he is looking after a ranch in America for a Cuban billionaire just had a few weeks off then off to Africa then back to the states if he don't like Africa .he is on money we could not begin to comprehend and he always falls on his feet that's Roy .never did me any harm ever but not loved by the Norths men eh Gazza .
    ​norma

This is the direction most big estates are going now. It will be completely normal before long. Up to you to negotiate your contract but very tricky when there are so many people going for the jobs.

When I first met Stevie many years ago I thought the same as you , would have given my right arm for a job like his,not any more though....

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I think you may mean Roy G Malc ?he has been gone a while now and as you say defo bounced back .he is looking after a ranch in America for a Cuban billionaire just had a few weeks off then off to Africa then back to the states if he don't like Africa .he is on money we could not begin to comprehend and he always falls on his feet that's Roy .never did me any harm ever but not loved by the Norths men eh Gazza .
    ​norma
    Thats him, yes I know he left sometime back. Met him at the CLA about 2 or 3 years back and had a drink with him and Debbie, he had wanted me to take his son in law stalking and had got the wrong mobile number for me as I had changed phones.

I know he had issues up there and found it hard to turn opinions around, but glad to hear he has landed on his feet, no suprise there, good man Roy.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.