Weekends Muntjac hunt

Hi All

We had the pleasure of hosting our friends from Exmoor on the Muntjac this weekend and had a great hunt. The weather was warm, the rain avoided us and the Muntjac didn't.

I won't do the story in case Mark want to but all I'll say is I was over moon with my dog Max. He got us two deer which we wouldn't have even known were there the one was 80-90 yards up a steep hill above us. I tried to move him on three or four time after scanning with the bino's and seeing nothing but he would not leave it and after about 10 minutes we spotted it so he earn't his share of the breakfast :D

I even managed to shoot a couple my self :D

Max posing and still got the nose working for the next victim;)

Full chiller

As usual:
:D Congratulations!!!
It must have been another great weekend after these little buggers!
The bad news are: Obviously you did a lot of hunting and didnt spend too much time on sharing some cold beer and hot stories!!
Atb mate, another great performance from loved companion Max!!

​Michael

Congrtulations to all Wayne. Looks like you had a 'Muntastic' time of it. Some very happy faces there.

All the best

Andy

Phew! that's a relief, nearly 2 weeks without a write up from Wayne. I was begining to wonder what had happened to you:D The weather god's were smiling on you for once it almost looks like a summer's day! Top job to all concerned.

Ezzy

Nice going fellas.

Max working as good as ever there mate.

You mean you actually managed to reload quicker this time..............

ATB

Jon

Nice going fellas.

Max working as good as ever there mate.

You mean you actually managed to reload quicker this time..............

ATB

Jon

:lol::lol: Nooo I was too slow for a doe as well :rolleyes: fumbled around busy watching the doe while reloading and missed the chamber completely and dropped the round out of the seat:doh: I'll have to learn how to hold the spares between my fingers like in the safari books ;)

Phew! that's a relief, nearly 2 weeks without a write up from Wayne. I was begining to wonder what had happened to you:D The weather god's were smiling on you for once it almost looks like a summer's day! Top job to all concerned.

Ezzy

Stu
Just look what happens as soon as you cant come mate:D probably out this weekend if you fancy it

Well done Wayne n all. Had a few Herefordshire Muntys myself lately. Will post a few pics later.

Well done lads. Looks like you had a great outing and a decent weather as well. I think that my foot rot is just about better after the last outing in March.

:lol::lol: Nooo I was too slow for a doe as well :rolleyes: fumbled around busy watching the doe while reloading and missed the chamber completely and dropped the round out of the seat:doh: I'll have to learn how to hold the spares between my fingers like in the safari books ;)

Naa. Tuck em behind your ears mate.
BUT don't light them.

Jon

Well done Wayne n all. Had a few Herefordshire Muntys myself lately. Will post a few pics later.

Hi Gaz nice to see them getting around more and more nice buck the one. Mine are from over the border in Worcestershire by the way, much more vocal than the Hereford breed:D:evil: (now I'm for it)

Great to have you up for the weekend Mark and Giles and good that the Munties were moving at last now the weather is warmer.

Very much looking forward to seeing you both in Exmoor next October in the rut.

Andy.

Back