Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting new mod

Getting new mod

After a littel bit of advice I have a mod for my .243 and it has failed so I contacted were I bought it and have agree to replace it and was wondering will I need a variation .
    I am taking mod in to be desposed of and I will be getting a different make of mod there is no specified brand of mod on my licence and I will not b increasing the number I have so am I right in thinking I do not need a variation.
    ​many thanks

Who's to know what you have your ticket will say unknown and no serial number.

If I were you I would ring your local FLO and tell him of your problem and ask his advice.
    If it is entered on your cert with makers name specified this may have to be seen to .
    As it is a `one-for-one transaction it will be free of charge.

HWH.

Ok thanks there is no makers name on the certificate just says tikka .243 + mod buy I think I will have to phone to confirm .

Quote Originally Posted by Olly.243 View Post
    Ok thanks there is no makers name on the certificate just says tikka .243 + mod buy I think I will have to phone to confirm .
    Fine. Mine has mod entered as T8 [No number] so I would have a problem if I got a different makers product.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Fine. Mine has mod entered as T8 [No number] so I would have a problem if I got a different makers product.

HWH.
    Ideal thanks for the help I am no decided on what mod yet so how would u rate your t8 .

Quote Originally Posted by Olly.243 View Post
    Ideal thanks for the help I am no decided on what mod yet so how would u rate your t8 .
    It works quite well but is rather bulky.
    Perhaps one of the newer stainless steel, slimmmer ones would be better.
    HWH.

my mods are just down as unknown, best to be on the safe and check with your flo,

Any sensible licensing office would say go ahead and change it doing away with needless bureaucracy, however i dont think that will happen.
    You makes your choice olly, change it and dont tell them or contact them and maybe get forced into submitting your FAC for a totally needless variation.

Ian.