Thread: Optilock Mounts

Optilock Mounts

I have fitted sako short bases on my sako 85 finnlight 6.5x55 (M action) I was just wondering should I have fitted the long as I've run out of elevation to zero my new Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 (normal turrets), sent the scope back and its come back with a clean bill of health? So scope ok, rifle grouping perfect (but low) so that only leaves the mounts or I'm I missing something?

When the scope was back in Germany, I dismantled the mounts rechecked everything and double checked when re fitting still can't get it high enough, really don't want to shim unless I have no alternative?

iv got the same bases on my 85 bases wont make any difference at all to the elevation of the scope.

I would try another set of mounts.

Is the rifle new, has it already been zeroed with another scope combo?

The Zeiss replaced a 8x56 S&B which zero'd fine on the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    I would try another set of mounts.
    Got to be the starting point, surely ?

Jon,

This might sound daft and apologies if it does, but are the rings you have the same height ?. As others have said, I'd start with a different set of bases and mounts.

cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by joncarnage View Post
    I have fitted sako short bases on my sako 85 finnlight 6.5x55 (M action) I was just wondering should I have fitted the long as I've run out of elevation to zero my new Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 (normal turrets), sent the scope back and its come back with a clean bill of health? So scope ok, rifle grouping perfect (but low) so that only leaves the mounts or I'm I missing something?

When the scope was back in Germany, I dismantled the mounts rechecked everything and double checked when re fitting still can't get it high enough, really don't want to shim unless I have no alternative?
    Did you ever get this sorted out?
    If not, I've got a spare set of long action bases that have been modified by Swift Precision Rifles to give 20moa (20" @ 100yards) elevation.