Telescopic high seat modification

Alantoo

A couple of photos of a simple modification in case any body else has found the telescopic high seat slow to deploy and irritating/awkward when trying to clamber up underneath the gun rest and floppy seat back when strapping it back to the tree.

I have made up a couple of bracing bars from some bits of aluminium tube which hold the seat back in place so it is easier to put up and the gun rest is more stable. i.e if you lean forward and take your weight of the seat back nothing moves...

I also found that by leaving it set up you can carry it in and erect it quietly in seconds.

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 170
or just buy one that you dont need to modify :D
portable high seat

Very neat. Does the rail height adjust with the pinch bolt that you did up at seat level on your video? The rail on my ebay one is a bit of a pain to adjust with the plastic clamps not freeing off easily.

I made an aluminium lattice girder ring shooting rail for my permanent high seat and that I managed to get stiff enough to clamp just from the pivot point with a long lever welded to the M12 pivot/clamp bolt. You can lock them with your elbows while supporting rifle and rail with your hands.

I am sorry I did not know about your seat when I bought mine although they're the same price I prefer the rigidity and simplicity of your seat and rail design. And seeing as how we appear to share the same knee pocket supplier I will get in touch when I want another!

​Alan

yes mate the rail adjusts but i like to just set it at max to climb in the adjust to the proper height for ease of getting in /out i did two supports on the seat for maximum rigidity , i got a bulk buy on the trousers and pads just need a belt so my pants dont get out, atb wayne

A couple of photos of a simple modification in case any body else has found the telescopic high seat slow to deploy and irritating/awkward when trying to clamber up underneath the gun rest and floppy seat back when strapping it back to the tree.

I have made up a couple of bracing bars from some bits of aluminium tube which hold the seat back in place so it is easier to put up and the gun rest is more stable. i.e if you lean forward and take your weight of the seat back nothing moves...

I also found that by leaving it set up you can carry it in and erect it quietly in seconds.

Alan

Im glad its not just me. I sent mine back had a refund as it was causing me to sit like a hunchback. Explained problem and how they could sort it but was met by laughter and told your probably too big for the seat. (See my original post) your modification defeats the object of flat storage though, but well done.

your modification defeats the object of flat storage though, but well done.

No no, the new diagonals just release with the knobs at their bottom end so you can just fold it up as before to store it or carry it in the boot.

​The advantage is that it is now possible to carry it ready assembled without the back and rifle rail flopping around your ears!

Alan

Back