Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea what's your thoughts

Idea what's your thoughts

Don't know if this will work or even if its all ready been done but here goes ...

When am out stalking I like to have everything I need in my pockets but the buck I shot with wattygun off here week past on Sunday was a 500 yard drag uphill so a was tired after it so been thinking all last week as I really don't like the idea of carrying a roe sack so here my first idea...

Purse net like you'd use for rabbits only bigger and stinger netting with two rucksack straps sewn through it maby with shoulder cushions. The thinking is it'll be small enough to fold into a pocket but ideal for carrying roe/ muntjac/ cwd out the woods to your car and could stick it in the washing machine when home.

Obviously down side are possible blood all down your back if there's still some in the carcasses and antlers if not lied up.

Anyone any thoughts/ has it been done before I start with the sewing machine this weekend?

David

Roe yeul sac will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Don't know if this will work or even if its all ready been done but here goes ...

When am out stalking I like to have everything I need in my pockets but the buck I shot with wattygun off here week past on Sunday was a 500 yard drag uphill so a was tired after it so been thinking all last week as I really don't like the idea of carrying a roe sack so here my first idea...

Purse net like you'd use for rabbits only bigger and stinger netting with two rucksack straps sewn through it maby with shoulder cushions. The thinking is it'll be small enough to fold into a pocket but ideal for carrying roe/ muntjac/ cwd out the woods to your car and could stick it in the washing machine when home.

Obviously down side are possible blood all down your back if there's still some in the carcasses and antlers if not lied up.

Anyone any thoughts/ has it been done before I start with the sewing machine this weekend?

David
    Forget the buck for a moment . . . are you telling me that Wattygun managed to drag his sorry ass up a 500 yard incline ? ? ?

I like these - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/17228340/ One will fold up in your pocket. I keep 2 or 3 in my rucksack. The doe I bumped into on Saturday evening thought the blue bag was a bit odd, but eventually she settled and shuffled off to join her Mum and sister. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    Forget the buck for a moment . . . are you telling me that Wattygun managed to drag his sorry ass up a 500 yard incline ? ? ?
    Haha well he did opt to go the other way to collect the van and I took the buck to the nearest road... Not sure who got the short end

I dont like carrying my roe sack either so i just usually hock the front leg and split the opposite back leg so the lower joint is off but still attached to the skin and slip that through the front and carry like a bag but make sure you carry with the entry close to the body or you get covered in claret not sure of any other way as i think you will get blathered with a net, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Hi a little roe buck 500 yards good job it was not a big RED 1 mile.
    jym membership required .

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I dont like carrying my roe sack either so i just usually hock the front leg and split the opposite back leg so the lower joint is off but still attached to the skin and slip that through the front and carry like a bag but make sure you carry with the entry close to the body or you get covered in claret not sure of any other way as i think you will get blathered with a net, atb wayne
    May try that next time see how that goes. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog View Post
    Hi a little roe buck 500 yards good job it was not a big RED 1 mile.
    jym membership required .
    Am quiet fine with my pub membership if it was a red I would have used the quad fact next buck any further than 100yrds think all get the quad.

Maybe you should look at getting one of these :
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...er-Roe-Harness
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Quote Originally Posted by dave1372 View Post
    Maybe you should look at getting one of these :
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...er-Roe-Harness
    Thank for that looks like it fits the bill perfect.