Thread: What animals turd?

What animals turd?

Could it be muntjac?!?!

I was out today looking for a roe (no luck) and came across these now they look a bit like rabbit in the picture but thats because i stupidly kick it but it was grouped up like other deer **** i have seen. I wouldn't normally bother to bore you with this but my brother was chatting to a couple of lads doing some work on the farm the other day and they said they were sure they'd seen muntjac and new a bit about firearms so may be right but as far as i was aware they weren't in the area yet in any numbers if at all but have been reported sighting?

Cheers

G
    Last edited by groach1234; 16-04-2013 at 21:28.

Yep looks like munty s in town

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
    Yep looks like munty s in town
    Thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Judging by the number of views to replies I'm assuming people think I'm pulling there leg but nope completely genuine

​G

George, I'm not sure exactly where you are in relation to York, but I used to beat on a shoot between harrogate and the a1 about 8 years ago and the keeper and his sons were adamant that they had seen a muntjac doe a couple of times. It's possible they're around, but with the amount of poaching in that area I'm nit confident they will be able to establish in reasonable numbers.

Novice

There are a few above Hemsley

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    George, I'm not sure exactly where you are in relation to York, but I used to beat on a shoot between harrogate and the a1 about 8 years ago and the keeper and his sons were adamant that they had seen a muntjac doe a couple of times. It's possible they're around, but with the amount of poaching in that area I'm nit confident they will be able to establish in reasonable numbers.

Novice
    Im the harrogate side of york and have heard that they have been seen on a shoot a couple of miles away by someone who can tell a muntie from a young roe and also been told they're about not too far away on my side of the A59 so fingers crossed they're about.

​George

If they are in the area, the numbers wont take long to build up,

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    With the amount of poaching in that area I'm nit confident they will be able to establish in reasonable numbers.

Novice
    Don't worry about them they ain't daft like other Deer species

George I have ground very close where you are by the sound of it but havent seen anything yet. Ive also some ground twix A1 and A59 which only holds Roe but I would expect it to be filled as soon as they follow the A1 up so fingers crossed.
    The fewmets look very munty like so there is a strong chance you have them or at least a roaming one which seems to be the case in the area at the moment.

Lets hope they get here in numbers soon, I have heard plenty of people think they have seen them in the area but until I postively identify one myself or shoot one then they shall remain a dream.
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by cockerdog View Post
    George I have ground very close where you are by the sound of it but havent seen anything yet. Ive also some ground twix A1 and A59 which only holds Roe but I would expect it to be filled as soon as they follow the A1 up so fingers crossed.
    The fewmets look very munty like so there is a strong chance you have them or at least a roaming one which seems to be the case in the area at the moment.

Lets hope they get here in numbers soon, I have heard plenty of people think they have seen them in the area but until I postively identify one myself or shoot one then they shall remain a dream.
    Yeah im not taking anything as given until I've seen one myself but things are looking positive.

G