Thread: Romania

Romania

​I was asked by a mate yesterday if I fancied a hunting trip to Romania later in the year. I have provisionally agreed depending on dates and cost. The details he has given me are very sketchy at the moment.​
    Just wondered if anyone had experience of Romania, and what your views of the place/ setup were, and an indication of cost.

Thanks

Stephen
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Go there on business fom time to time. Bucharest is modernising and what I would call work in progress. Never been out of the city or hunting. Has some spectacular countryside mountains and the delta. Very poor in the country but could be good hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Go there on business fom time to time. Bucharest is modernising and what I would call work in progress. Never been out of the city or hunting. Has some spectacular countryside mountains and the delta. Very poor in the country but could be good hunting.
    Excellent hunting. Some interesting laws on rabbits though, they have seasons, no lamping, no 'ambushing', walk n stalk, that's it. I'm going there again soon, to hunt this time, last time was a wedding. Handy having Romanian mates

Whilst the hunting there can be be reasonably priced and world-class in quality, be very clear about any trophy fees involved of you're going through an outfitter, as the prices are frequently eye-wateringly high in Romania for many species. You really don't want to find that the Roe buck or boar you've just shot has cost you €3,000

Plenty of vampire hunting I heard

Looks nice on post cards !

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Whilst the hunting there can be be reasonably priced and world-class in quality, be very clear about any trophy fees involved of you're going through an outfitter, as the prices are frequently eye-wateringly high in Romania for many species. You really don't want to find that the Roe buck or boar you've just shot has cost you €3,000
    To be honest this is my main concern. I am not bothered unduly about trophies and don't want to worry about maxing my credit card. I'll need to get more details before committing.

thanks for the replays so far.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Gentlements, Romania is indeed an excellent country for hunting trip.
    As for the trophy fees, you can find all types of prices.
    It is nor worth to come to Romania for roe buck, it is more expensive then in UK, but you can find some nice deals for the wild boars, bears and chamois.