Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNH's Scotland's Big 5 Logo

SNH's Scotland's Big 5 Logo

I hope above is the logo I have just got through in an email from SNH. I am a firm supporter of the natural enviroment and peoples access to it and the PR work that SNH are putting in.

BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE GET IT RIGHT THAT IS NOT A RED STAG HEAD IN THE NUMBER 5 IT'S A WHITETAIL (I think)!!!!

It just goes to show how much SNH think of our largest land mammal!!

Rant over.

Andy

Looks like a Whitetail to me.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

none of the animals are anatomically accurate !
    They are just generalisations !

Yeah, I don't think it really matters TBH. The logo design is very clever though.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    What's with the dinosaur in the bottom left-hand corner?

Is it meant to be a generalisation of a Scottish politician?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

OK Maybe i am a bit crankie and spend too much time shouting at the telly when i hear things like foxes only take dead lambs and foxes cant climb trees or deer numbers are out of control ect ect, but something that really seperates my rattle from pram, is when organisations who are either meant to be in charge of our natural enviroment or advisors to those in positions of power have so little real knowledge or understanding that they cannot recognise the species they are meant to be representing. I think i have seen mule deer, white tail and sambar in various publications by SNH, Central GOV and other agencies,all meant to be representing indigenous species. Does no one proof read any of this before it goes to print!

A logo is meant to be eye catching and memorable, exact species representation within the logo is neither here nor there in this instance.

I would rate the effectiveness of the logo at 100%

Now that I have calmed down I will try to explain my dismay a little clearer.

I find it incomprehensable that a govement body who have a large number of highly experianced "deer" people including the remains of the DCS obviously didn't think to have it checked over. I

agree that none of the animals are anatomically accurate but a red stag in the same place would have the same effect.

I think it is a very clever logo and does what it should. Ironically we are fulfilling the main objective of a PR company by discussing it, unfortunatly it doen't take away the damage that it will be doing the reputation of the organisation.

Andy

I know they are just illustrations but come on, putting the wrong species! That is a bit daft.

Quote Originally Posted by andymarsh View Post
    unfortunatly it doen't take away the damage that it will be doing the reputation of the organisation.Andy
    In my personal opinion, the SNH organisation is already 'damaged'. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!