Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Camera

Gun Camera

Right ive been thinking of fitting a camera to my scope to record those special stalks can anyone recommend a camera for the job and where to purchase it from ?

Cheers for any info

375 mag

What about one of those adapters for a smart phone.

I saw one on the bush wear stand at catton, try their site.

Was it Meopta who used to make a scope which incorporated a digital camera in the rifle scope? Don't know if they really caught on or are still available.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Right ive been thinking of fitting a camera to my scope to record those special stalks can anyone recommend a camera for the job and where to purchase it from ?

Cheers for any info

375 mag
    Camera on the rifle is not a good idea from a safety perspective as it will encourage you to point a loaded rifle in directions which may not be safe. Much the same as why you use binoculars to look for deer and not your scope!!
    Best to get a head mounted camera such as a go-pro which will capture the entire stalk as well as the shot. It will also not affect your rifle handling.
    MS
    deer man on here uses one. In fact he's rarely in the woods without his 'strap-on'.
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 17-04-2013 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Camera on the rifle is not a good idea from a safety perspective as it will encourage you to point a loaded rifle in directions which may not be safe. Much the same as why you use binoculars to look for deer and not your scope!!
    Best to get a head mounted camera such as a go-pro which will capture the entire stalk as well as the shot. It will also not affect your rifle handling.
    MS
    The go pro cameras are truly great pieces of kit. My mate has one for down hill cycling and another friend uses one for on the track days with his GSXR they don't miss a beat and the HD camera works really well.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Am I the only one who worries about people running around the countryside with setups like this.

​Nothing personal Limulus.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Am I the only one who worries about people running around the countryside with setups like this.

​Nothing personal Limulus.

No

No worries. Just answering the OP question. Ive used it twice in 3 years to show a couple of rabbits being shot with the .17hmr. I wouldnt use it with a full bore!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks