Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realoading Kit Advice

Realoading Kit Advice

Hi Everyone
    Im thinking of getting my own realoading kit, but with so much on the market i just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction,is the RCBS stuff still the best?
    I'll be loading 243 and 2506 for my sauer 202 so any advice would be very much appreciated

ATB Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Hairtrigger 202 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Im thinking of getting my own realoading kit, but with so much on the market i just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction,is the RCBS stuff still the best?
    I'll be loading 243 and 2506 for my sauer 202 so any advice would be very much appreciated

ATB Julian
    im in the same boat as you and was told to go for rcbs gear.
    stotty

Asking another shooter what is the best gun/scope/reloading equipment/truck is asking for trouble, as each shooter has at least three different opinions on everything depending on what time of day it is.

RCBS does take some beating though and if you start out with kit from that maker you won't go far wrong and the guarantee is as good as it gets. If after a few years you then decide to buy something else you won't have any difficulty selling it.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Ill take that as a yes then
    stotty

yes i thought i might be opening a can of worms, but ive been told RCBS is better than Lee stuff ?

RCBS is great stuff, I think Redding dies have a little more finesse though.

yes i thought i might be opening a can of worms, but ive been told RCBS is better than Lee stuff ?
    I think that most people would agree there but Lee equipment can do the job and is much cheaper in the first place. Personally I have a complete mixture of makes including some Lee dies and small items. There are some Lee tools that I like and other items that Lee make that I don't have any time at all for.
    It all depends on how much you want to spend and how seriously and deep you want to get into reloading.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

i ended up geting a RCBS rock chucker press kit from the US
    then got stung for inport tax ,but still got it 40 cheaper ,but if something was wrong with it ,its a long way to send it back
    ​ive got rcbs and redding dies ime not knocking lee dies ive just never used them

Thanks guys looks like RCBS get the vote, but will look at the redding dies, im the sort of chap that wants to buy something that will last and not break in 5 mins, or think wish id got that instead

ATB Julian

I've used rcbs and lee dies. I prefer the lee to be honest.