Herefordshire Munty Bucks

These two Munty bucks were shot virtually on the same spot in my Herefordshire lease woods but were a week apart.
The best buck was shot from a high seat at 18.30 after moving out of some thick cover onto a ride where there was many fresh slot marks that I had observed over the last couple of weeks. This buck come to the edge of the cover and stopped to watch a big hare moving on the grassy bank on the other side of the ride. This gave me the opportunity to move my rifle to the other side of the high seat and send the .270 on its way. These little buggers can be hardy for their size but not a movement after the impact.
The following week I had spotted some fallow moving into this same area, which I left again for the evening as its so thick below the ride that it is un stalkable. After being successful in another wood with a fallow pricket I made my way to this area at about 19.30, stalking along the ride toward this thick cover I came to a slight corner leading onto a hollow in the ride just to the far side of the high seat. As glassing this area the poorer of the two bucks came walking over the ridge at the far end of the ride that I could see. Giving the buck a shout at virtually the same spot as the first, he checked for a second and the .270 was on its way again. Perfect impact again and No 2 down.
Obviously I didn't see anything of the fallow after that as the old Browning is un moderated, but hey ho I was still a happy bunny.
Gaz IMG_1785.jpgIMG_1786.jpg

These two Munty bucks were shot virtually on the same spot in my Herefordshire lease woods but were a week apart.
The best buck was shot from a high seat at 18.30 after moving out of some thick cover onto a ride where there was many fresh slot marks that I had observed over the last couple of weeks. This buck come to the edge of the cover and stopped to watch a big hare moving on the grassy bank on the other side of the ride. This gave me the opportunity to move my rifle to the other side of the high seat and send the .270 on its way. These little buggers can be hardy for their size but not a movement after the impact.
The following week I had spotted some fallow moving into this same area, which I left again for the evening as its so thick below the ride that it is un stalkable. After being successful in another wood with a fallow pricket I made my way to this area at about 19.30, stalking along the ride toward this thick cover I came to a slight corner leading onto a hollow in the ride just to the far side of the high seat. As glassing this area the poorer of the two bucks came walking over the ridge at the far end of the ride that I could see. Giving the buck a shout at virtually the same spot as the first, he checked for a second and the .270 was on its way again. Perfect impact again and No 2 down.
Obviously I didn't see anything of the fallow after that as the old Browning is un moderated, but hey ho I was still a happy bunny.
Gaz View attachment 27207View attachment 27208

Nice one Gaz :thumb: im off down to my mates estate in Hertfordshire nxt week after munty's, really looking forward to it. DF

Unfortunately Gaz i had to come back this morning should have been there till sunday night, but had a good catch up and laugh with my mate who I met when he came over to me on a sd swap .
Squeezed in couple of outings though had a couple muntys last night a doe and a decent buck , and another smaller buck this morning
Had plenty of chances and saw plenty of deer there were a few fallow around too. DF

Well done Gaz, nice buck.

Have seen a fair few on my permissions down here over the last few months, most of them are a bit smaller than your buck on the left but the trophy cams have been catching a couple of cracking bucks. Hard part is catching up with them!

Back