Thread: Where to go???

Where to go???

Evening all,

A friend and I are keen to do some stalking somewhere in Europe next year. We are going to Africa this September so looking ahead a little bit!

My question is; Any advice on where to go?

My friend is keen to do some roe buck and boar stalking. I am keen for the boar but have plenty of roe buck stalking here, and have hunted them in Poland a few years back. So i would be looking for boar and another species (Mouflon?) to go after but in the same area as each other so we are together for the trip.

We are not looking for trophies, but for some good stalking in stunning areas.

Any advice on who to contact or how to do it?

Cheers, Tom

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    Spain I may have a freind who could help you

John Robson at Yorkshire deer stalking is your man...
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Quote Originally Posted by bigadam View Post
    Spain I may have a freind who could help you
    Could you PM me any details you may have.

​Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by straightbetweentheeyes View Post
    John Robson at Yorkshire deer stalking is your man...
    Cheers, Hopefully he sees the thread or i will pm him.

​Tom

Estonia. Pretty sure thar roe, boar and European elk (moose) have overlapping seasons.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Maybe its worth, to think about starting some swap hunts with hunters from somewhere...?
    Read my thread about my experiences doing so, that may get you hooked as well!
    Good luck so far,

​Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Estonia. Pretty sure thar roe, boar and European elk (moose) have overlapping seasons.
    I wouldn't recommend Estonia if you're after stunning scenery while stalking. The country is quite flat, and stalking the boar would concentrate around feeding areas (fields). Boars live in the thick forests and stalking there would be next to impossible.

Roe buck and boar would have overlapping season from beginning of June to end of December. Roe population has collapsed in most places since 2-3 last winters were quite harsh. Moose season would be mid-September to end of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Maybe its worth, to think about starting some swap hunts with hunters from somewhere...?
    Read my thread about my experiences doing so, that may get you hooked as well!
    Good luck so far,

​Michael
    This i something i would love to do, however i do not have the quality/quantity of land i feel to offer such. I wouldn't want to feel like i was taking a lot and giving little back.

​Tom