Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Architects of our own destruction?

  1. #1

    Architects of our own destruction?

    Just this last week I had the Jimny on m.o.t., I intended to follow on with some shooting later that morning, as the testing station of my choice this time was very near the ground for my shoot, I loaded the gear I needed & put a couple of coats over it, retaining bolts & ammunition on my person, Mrs Finnbear exclaimed "You mustn't!", "It might be seen!", I explained to her that I was going to be in within sight of the vehicle at all times, & was committing no offence in law, & I would continue to go about my lawful activities. Why do so many of us who shoot seem to need to skulk about?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  2. #2
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,329
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    I totally agree. I still do not understand why people are afraid to show their faces, especially as ( and this is a guess ) what your doing is legal.
    People who's faces are fuzzed out, people with scarfs and people who just never post a photo at all.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  3. #3
    I don't , and preach to anyone who will listen about hunting and shooting.

  4. #4
    I expect that a lot of shooters are intimidated by the thought of a barrage of verbal abuse from some self righteous anti or attracting the attention of a police officer who has been trained in how to deal with armed criminals but not the lawful use of firearms, or indeed a combination of both! atb Tim

  5. #5
    +1
    yup me to if you don't like what i do its your choice to bugger off away

    QUOTE=Taff;567918]I don't , and preach to anyone who will listen about hunting and shooting.[/QUOTE]

  6. #6
    This is a good time of year to bring shooting into conversations. I am lambing at the moment and whenever it comes up in discussion I always mention the need to control foxes. Pretty well everybody I talk to, can see the need.

  7. #7
    I posted a picture of a gang of mates self included after a successful day driven foxing on facebook. A few mates were tagged etc, after a few likes and comments a bloke waded in with a barrage of abuse. Anyway I replied politely and he continued the verbal, after lots of support for my reply and some nice sensible replies telling him he was wrong he removed his comments.
    About three weeks later I was picking up some stuff from a friend who lived next door to the same lad and was introduced to him . He shriveled up when he realized who i was and appologised, I said no problem and explained how it really works. He is actually now considering coming along to beat for me next season.
    I would never hide the fact that i enjoy what is a hobby and now my job, as you say as soon as we do that we are knackered!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Munty_Hunter View Post
    I posted a picture of a gang of mates self included after a successful day driven foxing on facebook. A few mates were tagged etc, after a few likes and comments a bloke waded in with a barrage of abuse. Anyway I replied politely and he continued the verbal, after lots of support for my reply and some nice sensible replies telling him he was wrong he removed his comments.
    About three weeks later I was picking up some stuff from a friend who lived next door to the same lad and was introduced to him . He shriveled up when he realized who i was and appologised, I said no problem and explained how it really works. He is actually now considering coming along to beat for me next season.
    I would never hide the fact that i enjoy what is a hobby and now my job, as you say as soon as we do that we are knackered!
    yes he more then likely had poo in his pants as your about 6ft 6in

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    yes he more then likely had poo in his pants as your about 6ft 6in
    I think he thought the end was nigh, judging by the look that appear on his face. Bloody priceless i just wished i had a camera

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    I totally agree. I still do not understand why people are afraid to show their faces, especially as ( and this is a guess ) what your doing is legal.
    People who's faces are fuzzed out, people with scarfs and people who just never post a photo at all.
    A lot of it just comes down to basic personal security mate. Two houses in my local area were recently targetted and the thieves stole rifles and shotguns which they clearly knew where there.
    Being discrete about gun ownership will help to avoid this.
    Just to give another example about photos, a chap on here recently posted a photo which was hosted on his photobucket account. His account settings allowed anyone to view his entire album (which I did!). Within about 5 minutes I was able to establish his full name, what guns,fishing stuff, vehicle (+VRN) and gun dogs he owned and even when and where he went on holiday! A little bit more research on the electoral role then provided his wifes name and their exact address! It's that easy for thieves or antis to find out this imformation - if you allow them!
    If you think that this doesn't happen then you are very wrong.
    I also used to put a sign in my vehicle explaining who I was and what I was up to. That cost me a new windscreen and rear window from some anti!
    Gun ownership isn't a crime, but being lax about gun security is!
    MS

Similar Threads

  1. any architects on here ? need advice urgently
    By Scots_stalker in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 15:01
  2. One for the builders and architects
    By Geordie_3 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20-02-2012, 07:37
  3. humane destruction
    By Remington 700 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-12-2008, 19:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •