Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A replacement stock for steyr P/H

A replacement stock for steyr P/H

We have seen many replacement stocks for the many different rifles on the market just a look in classifieds shows a varied selection .unfortunantly for steyr owners there is very few to choose from .
    i have been speaking to Fusion Stock Works ltd and they are interested in making a quality wood stock alternative for the pro hunter .
    they are not talking laminate stocks but a real wood stock .i am currently sending my stock down to them for a pattern and look forward to seeing the new stock through its build .
    cheers
    ​norma

We are in the process of doing a stock for a prohunter and will have it sorted for the CLA, there are a few issuses with steyrs firstly you need a trigger guard specially made and steyr mag wells are very wide leavine little wood either side. also how much would you be willing to pay for a replacement stock and trigger guard for a 800 rifle. By the way we are Joe west riflestocks and are looking at about 300 all in

Be careful admin may want to speak to you about trade membership if you are as stated .
    What are your stocks made from ? Some interesting points about the mag well and t guard though .
    regards
    norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 18-04-2013 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    We have seen many replacement stocks for the many different rifles on the market just a look in classifieds shows a varied selection .unfortunantly for steyr owners there is very few to choose from .
    i have been speaking to Fusion Stock Works ltd and they are interested in making a quality wood stock alternative for the pro hunter .
    they are not talking laminate stocks but a real wood stock .i am currently sending my stock down to them for a pattern and look forward to seeing the new stock through its build .
    cheers
    ​norma

Interesting - what would are they doing for you? Bedding and trigger guard too? Costs?

They are scanning my stock for inletting and coming up with a trigger guard/mag solution .and as its made of from quality wood blanks not laminate it won't be silly cheap then you pays your money don't you !
    ​Cheers Norma

I would be very interested in a stock for the pro hunter!!
    ​Cheers

Well i paid a lot for my stock movable cheek piece, full bedding, QD sling attachments and adjustable butt/recall pad but it is brilliant. The trigger guard is tricky as you need to leave a hole or slot for trigger adjustment. The guys who did mind also had problems with mag area. Plus the rolling safety didnt help.

I'm interested in this too !

For those guys that are interested I will keep you abreast of how the build develops and show you some pictures as it goes along .really looking forward to a wood stock again as I've had laminate and synthetics for a long while .
    kind regards
    ​norma

We were thinking of an aftermarket stock for the PH. Two reasons why it makes less sense than other rifles.
    One is the already mentioned trigger guard issue and the other is that the PH is a sweated in barrel job, in other words a throw away rifle
    with a limited life span.
    edi