I DON'T BELIEVE IT1 Six new permissions in an afternoon!

Edchef

Just got to tell you all about this
I left work this afternoon at 3pm and by 4.30pm I had six new permissions under my belt (Subject to Police approval of course)
I can't believe it - I just went from one place to another and they all said Yes! Two of them specifically asking for foxes to be controlled.
A total of about 1000 acres I would say, nearly all adjoining- Probably no deer on any of it but you never know
Since I posted last year bemoaning my lack of success I thought it was time to get out there again.
Anyway if you are looking for ground to shoot on DON'T GIVE UP - persevere , you will get there eventually!
I feel a large Gin and Tonic is called for. :smug:
Best Wishes all
Ed
I should of course say Thanks to all on SD who have helped and encouraged me so far - Cheers!

Last edited:
Cracking result, just make sure you do your bit regarding the foxes, and all more reason to be issued an open ticket with the amount of land you have.
Did you get it all in writing?

​kip

well done mate i got 10 the other night all owned by same familey miles of ground all iasked was eney chance of shooting some foxes you can shoot the lot on asking where the boundres were he pointed to the furthest hill about 3miles away :eek: what about deer i enqwired yes theres lots ofthem about dont like them he says i told him id be back with a map happy days

All names and addresses taken and I told them all that the Firearms officer will certainly call them buying an OS Map with fields marked tomorrow

Soon you'll be complaining that it's too much hard work shooting these foxes for nothing. Start working out a price list per fox tail.

Well done edchef. Obviously don't know what experience you have but I suggest you give your FEO a call to ask if the land is approved. This is what I did and he couldn't find the estate in his records (5000 acres). He said it might be approved under the tenant's name to which I answered there are 17! A friendly chat followed and he looked at my records and quals and suggested I send my FAC in and he would make it open.

As you have found perseverance does pay and if you don't ask you don't get! Have fun and again well done.

Well done mate, even if there are no deer there at the moment, if you control the vermin well and do a good job for the farmers they'll most likely let you shoot a few deer when they do arrive there. You may also get recommended to farmers who have deer/vermin problems.

Well done mate sounds like you have done some work for it. Got to do the knocking and take the Knocks before it comes good.

Back