Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking, whats in your kit

Stalking, whats in your kit

being new to stalking and hoping to get my first stalking rifle this weekend to add to my ever growing collection of air and powder burners.

i have a few guys local to me that i shoot with regularly that have kindly agreed to let me tag along on a few stalks to learn the process and to then mentor me and allow me to shoot with them. my question is what do you guys take with you when you go on a stalk.

Rifle , ammo , knife , bino's , rangefinder , bucket of patience ! Lunch if on the hill plus belt kit with a little more stuff oh and drag rope

A few bob to buy them fella's a pint for taking you out

And the best set of bino's you can afford
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

binos??? i assume you dont mean the comic lol

aaaahhhhhhh lmao penny has dropped but it took a while binoculars

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    Rifle , ammo , knife , bino's , rangefinder , bucket of patience ! Lunch if on the hill plus belt kit with a little more stuff oh and drag rope
    Plus First aid kit, Survival bag, Strobing headtorch, mobile phone, good set of sticks, breast bone saw, kitchen roll to wipe blood out of carcass after grallaching. spare knife, Midge net muslin sacks to cover carcass this keeps fly's from blowing on carcass and dog to find Deer if required. The list can be as long as you want as there numerous goodies to buy.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Plus First aid kit, Survival bag, Strobing headtorch, mobile phone, good set of sticks, breast bone saw, kitchen roll to wipe blood out of carcass after grallaching. spare knife, Midge net muslin sacks to cover carcass this keeps fly's from blowing on carcass and dog to find Deer if required. The list can be as long as you want as there numerous goodies to buy.

Jimbo
    and assuming you take a truck with you of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post

Jimbo
    Christ! He's only watching!
    Good set of 'quiet' shooting clothes which are waterproof, wind proof and warm. Quiet boots that fit the above description also. A good set of binoculars. Gloves and a face veil/hat (so that nobody can blame you for 'spooking deer'!) Camera and maybe a knife and some disposable gloves so you can help with the mucky bit!
    Other than that, take loads of enthusiasm and learn all you can! You are very priveliged to have such friends! I suspect you already fit the 'apprentice' criteria to have been invited!
    Enjoy!
    MS

As little as possible we are going deer stalking not a four day survival hike in the wilderness ,a must is loo roll ! As snatching off a leaf is difficult in winter .
    ​norma

BDS Field Guide to Disease http://www.bds.org.uk/books.html Never go stalking without it!
    Have fun! Baguio