Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rws Titan lux rifle?

Rws Titan lux rifle?

Has anyone had experience with one for the above? Heavy barrel in 308. Got one in the local gunshop at reasonable money.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

I have titan rws in 243, have had it for about 4 years never had any problems with it ,find it a really good gun, would recomend the titan

I have two a .243 blued wood and a .22.250 s/s cracking rifles great safety pity they are not that popular. I would buy another one

pendle
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

I was looking at one today. Ohhla la. They is noice.
    Only problem is it was a 22-250. I do not need or desire this cal specifically. Doesnt do much my 223 wont.
    I really want a 6br, but a long wait to get one.

It looks like the stock shape is copied from or very similar to the Mauser M96 Slide Bolt. The pistol grip and the way the stock meets the rear of the receiver is indentical:-

Which is good as that rifle was very comfortable to shoot.

It does make me wonder whom actually made the M96 Slide Bolt as despite the markings I very much doubt it was really Mauser at Obendorf.

RWS have always had a good name and if RUAG down n the West country got it's butt in gear perhaps they would be more popular. The problem is how many places stock them?

Never having handled the RWS so never having seen under the stock I wonder if the barrel clamp is the same arrangement as the M96 Slide Bolt if so they barrel swaps what with the bolt locking in the barrel should be easy. Or does the RWS Titan lock up in the receiver?
    Last edited by Brithunter; 18-11-2013 at 13:32.

The T3 and T6 share a common receiver and the bolt locks into the barrel.
    The only disadvantage is the bolt travel is the same for a 222 as it is for a 9.3x62.
    Plunges ejector though so can short stroke.
    I want it specifically as s rifle to shoot competition field rifle with.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoak View Post
    The T3 and T6 share a common receiver and the bolt locks into the barrel.
    The only disadvantage is the bolt travel is the same for a 222 as it is for a 9.3x62.
    Plunges ejector though so can short stroke.
    I want it specifically as s rifle to shoot competition field rifle with.
    Interesting......................... thank you I didn't realise that Beretta was involved.

Titan T3 is the 3 lug. I am guessing you misinterpreted and thought tikka T3.
    The receiver and trigger remain the same, but a 6br is a T3 bolt, a 243 is a T6 bolt.
    As far as I am aware, Rossler is nothing to do with beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoak View Post
    Titan T3 is the 3 lug. I am guessing you misinterpreted and thought tikka T3.
    The receiver and trigger remain the same, but a 6br is a T3 bolt, a 243 is a T6 bolt.
    As far as I am aware, Rossler is nothing to do with beretta.
    My mistake ................................. sorry. Yes I saw T3 and erroneously thought "Tikka"