Thread: Danish deer dog tracking register

Danish deer dog tracking register

Thought that some of you may like to see the way our Danish friends are much more organized when it comes to a tracking register,
    http://schweiss.dk/hunters-map
    this map shows a hunt/stalker where he can locate a highly trained tracking team of dog and handler in the event that something should go wrong,
    to get onto the register the team must pass a test or two and then serve an apprenticeship for 12 months, so if they cant find a animal they must call out a more experienced tracker to try and find the animal,
    and of course they can cross most boundary's with a view to dispatching a animal no matter where.

It even has an iPhone app which automatically finds your closest handler going on your current gps location

I meant to ask this question at the time and seen u have just put up a similar thread and didn't want to derail it.

This may seem a silly question

But how does the SD deer tacking register work? Is there a page u go to that shows roughly where all the volanteers/dogs are and there site names to pm them.
    It had a look for a page but couldnae really find 1, so i take it at moment u have to just watch poster's who have both a location and the deer dog sign who look in a location near to where u stalk.

Would it be possible (bear in mind i'm a total computer numpty) to some how arrange the SD tracking register onto specific page possibly sorted by locations so that it is easy to find a tracker in an area or even better put it onto a map like the danes have, (althou that might be quite hard/complicated?)

Apologies if this already exisits.

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    I meant to ask this question at the time and seen u have just put up a similar thread and didn't want to derail it.

This may seem a silly question

But how does the SD deer tacking register work? Is there a page u go to that shows roughly where all the volanteers/dogs are and there site names to pm them.
    It had a look for a page but couldnae really find 1, so i take it at moment u have to just watch poster's who have both a location and the deer dog sign who look in a location near to where u stalk.

Would it be possible (bear in mind i'm a total computer numpty) to some how arrange the SD tracking register onto specific page possibly sorted by locations so that it is easy to find a tracker in an area or even better put it onto a map like the danes have, (althou that might be quite hard/complicated?)

Apologies if this already exisits.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..