Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A break in the component shortage??

A break in the component shortage??

The ranch supply store in the city is also one of the largest gun shops in the area. According to their manager -who is also a no-nonsense shooter- his store has a shipment of 1000 pounds of powder en route along with various makes of primers. Whether or not that plays out globally, I don't know, but this man thinks that by June everything will be as is was last summer with shelves fully stocked. I noticed that one of the stores just put out a stock of Berger Bullets. Filled every slot to the brim. Hopefully the dam has broken.~Muir

Hear say most of the main dealers I buy from don't have bullets I use for target shooting but hopefully ive got enough for the year,am ok for hunting stuff and I've a good stock of primers

I dunno the distribiter we use almost 100% for reloading stuff was only able to get us 10 pounds of the variouse powders we ordered out of the 200 or so pounds we asked for !
    And of the 65,000 primers I ordered we ended up with 10,000 .

Now with that being said we got everything we ordered for the local boys boarding school . We got them about 3 pallets of clay targets and about 200 flats of shotgun shells .

Oh yeah we also got several cases of 9mm , 45 ACP , 223 and 308 all ball ammo .

Gonna put another order in next week I think .

Incidently of the powders we got Varget was one of them ! Got all the Varget I had on the order .

I tried the only 2 shops in my area today for some AA 1680, no chance, couldn't even get Reloader 7 which was my back up choice.
    No problem getting Lapua 7.62x39 brass, and even Remington 9 1/2 Lge Rifle primers were in abundance at both shops.
    I also wanted some .310" 125 grain soft points, nope, although I did get a single box of 123 grain S&B FMJ's for an upcoming range day.
    The best result (if they work) was 2 boxes of Sierra 150 grain Pro-Hunter soft points, 10 a box as they were old stock with damaged
    packaging, not really sure I have a real use for them, but they will at least be reasonable plinking bullets.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    The best result (if they work) was 2 boxes of Sierra 150 grain Pro-Hunter soft points, 10 a box as they were old stock with damaged
    packaging, not really sure I have a real use for them, but they will at least be reasonable plinking bullets.

Neil.
    Thats the bullet I use for hunting in my old circa 1963 Mannlicher Schoenauer 308 as well as my old circa 1964 Remington 700 BDL 30-06 . They've both done very nice jobs on whitetail with that bullet .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Thats the bullet I use for hunting in my old circa 1963 Mannlicher Schoenauer 308 as well as my old circa 1964 Remington 700 BDL 30-06 . They've both done very nice jobs on whitetail with that bullet .
    Maybe not, I should have been clearer, these are the 303 cal .311" Sierra number 2300, not the 308" one.
    But I hope they are ok, although at that oprice if they end up as plinking fodder I'm ok with that.
    I did manage to get some Speer 125 grain .310" from Cliff's Gun smithing a couple of weeks back, I notice he
    is now out of stock, only has a 500 box of Hornady Z max now, unfortunately I have a max buy limit of 200, so unless he
    will split a box, what I have now will have to last a while.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I tried the only 2 shops in my area today for some AA 1680, no chance, couldn't even get Reloader 7 which was my back up choice.
    No problem getting Lapua 7.62x39 brass, and even Remington 9 1/2 Lge Rifle primers were in abundance at both shops.
    I also wanted some .310" 125 grain soft points, nope, although I did get a single box of 123 grain S&B FMJ's for an upcoming range day.

Neil.
    Too bad you don't live down the block. I have 12 pounds of 1680 here and another 16 pounds in cold storage. Great powder for Hornet, too.~Muir

can't find varget any place nr me !!

if any one nr me need or wishes free some 303/.311 #2310 180sp sierra/pro hunter i have 39 i'll never use or need them if you wont them

1st come thing applies
    paul [

QUOTE=Hornet 6;569660]Maybe not, I should have been clearer, these are the 303 cal .311" Sierra number 2300, not the 308" one.
    But I hope they are ok, although at that oprice if they end up as plinking fodder I'm ok with that.
    I did manage to get some Speer 125 grain .310" from Cliff's Gun smithing a couple of weeks back, I notice he
    is now out of stock, only has a 500 box of Hornady Z max now, unfortunately I have a max buy limit of 200, so unless he
    will split a box, what I have now will have to last a while.

Neil. [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    can't find varget any place nr me !!
    Leech's had some yesterday if that helps.

Neil.