Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: getting barrel screw cut

  1. #1

    getting barrel screw cut

    ive finally found a .243 in budget and it shoots and feels perfect but it isnt screw cut. is it advisable to get it screw cut and what sort of prices would i be looking at to get this done or am i better off looking again for one that is already done.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Toytown View Post
    ive finally found a .243 in budget and it shoots and feels perfect but it isnt screw cut. is it advisable to get it screw cut and what sort of prices would i be looking at to get this done or am i better off looking again for one that is already done.
    60 pound down at richard popes in bromsgrove. he will do it well you wait also

  3. #3
    If you have found the rifle you get on with and can afford, i would buy it. Screw cutting isn't particularly expensive and are many gunsmiths who could do it for you. Around 60 to get it done.

    ​Tom

  4. #4
    60 thats sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels coz my reflex for my .22lr american dosnt fit over my .22lr heavy varmint.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toytown View Post
    60 that sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels because my reflex for my .22lr american doesn't fit over my .22 lr heavy varmint.

    yes toyboy they have different sized bushings for the back to suite your rifle's barrel profile.

  6. #6
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,746
    Brock and Norris are a bit closer to you and Mike will do a fine job of the thread and the recrowning - he'll also make you a thread protector that matches perfectly - and will be able to help/advise on the mod front.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Toytown View Post
    60 thats sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels coz my reflex for my .22lr american dosnt fit over my .22lr heavy varmint.
    Hi Toytown,
    most over barrel mods have a max internal diametre that will fit over certain barrels regardless of the bushing diametre.
    My Third eye rimfire mod wont fit my new CZ455 Varmint even though it used to fit my previous CZ452 Varmint, the barrel on the 455 is now a parallel form and nearly an eighth of an inch thicker.

    Ian.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Brock and Norris are a bit closer to you and Mike will do a fine job of the thread and the recrowning - he'll also make you a thread protector that matches perfectly - and will be able to help/advise on the mod front.
    will give them a call as they are only 45 mins away in witchurch. cheers

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Toytown View Post
    will give them a call as they are only 45 mins away in witchurch. cheers
    It'll cost you more than 60 !!

  10. #10
    Get the whole lot done if you send it to me...75 inc postage!

Similar Threads

  1. barrel screw cut proof mark?
    By simon1979 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 05:59
  2. For Sale Blaser R93 Barrel 22-250 Not Screw cut
    By HME in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-10-2011, 17:40
  3. barrel screw cut
    By tika.308 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 12:02
  4. N/East barrel chop and screw cut
    By rooster in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-04-2011, 18:24
  5. For Sale remmington seven 243 .16'' barrel screw cut
    By bignoel in forum Firearms
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 08:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •