Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting barrel screw cut

getting barrel screw cut

ive finally found a .243 in budget and it shoots and feels perfect but it isnt screw cut. is it advisable to get it screw cut and what sort of prices would i be looking at to get this done or am i better off looking again for one that is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Toytown View Post
    ive finally found a .243 in budget and it shoots and feels perfect but it isnt screw cut. is it advisable to get it screw cut and what sort of prices would i be looking at to get this done or am i better off looking again for one that is already done.
    60 pound down at richard popes in bromsgrove. he will do it well you wait also

If you have found the rifle you get on with and can afford, i would buy it. Screw cutting isn't particularly expensive and are many gunsmiths who could do it for you. Around 60 to get it done.

​Tom

60 thats sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels coz my reflex for my .22lr american dosnt fit over my .22lr heavy varmint.

60 that sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels because my reflex for my .22lr american doesn't fit over my .22 lr heavy varmint.

yes toyboy they have different sized bushings for the back to suite your rifle's barrel profile.

SD Regular
    Brock and Norris are a bit closer to you and Mike will do a fine job of the thread and the recrowning - he'll also make you a thread protector that matches perfectly - and will be able to help/advise on the mod front.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

60 thats sounds good, i expected it to be allot more. when it comes to buying reflex mods, do they come in different sizes to accommodate tapered and heavy barrels coz my reflex for my .22lr american dosnt fit over my .22lr heavy varmint.
    Hi Toytown,
    most over barrel mods have a max internal diametre that will fit over certain barrels regardless of the bushing diametre.
    My Third eye rimfire mod wont fit my new CZ455 Varmint even though it used to fit my previous CZ452 Varmint, the barrel on the 455 is now a parallel form and nearly an eighth of an inch thicker.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Brock and Norris are a bit closer to you and Mike will do a fine job of the thread and the recrowning - he'll also make you a thread protector that matches perfectly - and will be able to help/advise on the mod front.
    will give them a call as they are only 45 mins away in witchurch. cheers

will give them a call as they are only 45 mins away in witchurch. cheers
    It'll cost you more than 60 !!

Get the whole lot done if you send it to me...75 inc postage!