Thread: Roe sling/ carrier.

Roe sling/ carrier.

Hi all
    looking for a decent Roe sling/ carrier, any ideas on where to get one?
    I have seen one on google, made by a Paul Harris but can't get hold of one.
    any help would be much appreciated

cheers

​Dac

Paul is a good mate of mine and is a member of the site I will try and get him to PM you, not sure if he still does them but think you can get them from Bushwear.

Moose

well Sir, if you want the finest and a product for life

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ghlight=pietas
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

I make a roe carrier to the Woodhouse design, totally handsewn, only weighs 3/4lb & rolls up to fit in a pocket

I'm a full-time leatherworker & have supplied the best of the London Gun Trade in the past with my products; so if you want Purdey quality at affordable prices get in touch

http://www.mooreleather.co.uk/deer-s...er-roe-harness

Hi Moose that would be great. Looked on Bushwear, couldn't find it.

With a Roe carrier, either over the shoulder, or on the back, how do you prevent yourself becoming covered in blood. With the normal shoulder shot, there is always (I find) quite a bit of blood around the exit wound, and carrying something over the shoulder this would be next to your hip when carrying.

Trim the legs, as kiwi style and save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    With a Roe carrier, either over the shoulder, or on the back, how do you prevent yourself becoming covered in blood. With the normal shoulder shot, there is always (I find) quite a bit of blood around the exit wound, and carrying something over the shoulder this would be next to your hip when carrying.
    I have also wondered this. Any time that I have tried to carry a deer, I always end up with varying amounts of blood down my leg.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

I made one from some car seat belt and a couple of strips of nylon webbing.
    Weighs feck all,
    cost feck all,
    rolls up to feck all (when i don't leave it in the car!)
    doesn't absorb water when it is raining
    when it gets stinky and filthy it can go in the washing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post

Take two tampons with you!

Attachment 27429I saw the thread with the Kiwi version and combined the idea with a light gambrel for Roe and Muntjac. The soft centre bend still works with a rope tied to branch for a suspended gralloch and is comfortable as an over the shoulder number with the front legs on one end and the back legs on the other. A bin liner works as a hip apron. The optional shoulder pad could be made out of a piece of leather, your glove or your beanie!

The main advantage with this or the Kiwi system over the normal sling is that the carcass is carried higher on the hip and does not flop about your thigh

Alan