Thread: Good Night Out With JRoe

Wink Good Night Out With JRoe

Last night I went out with JRoe and it was a brilliant learning experience. I arrived at his house just before 7 and we went our near 8. First he took me and showed me some pheasant pens, which I found quite interesting. We then saw a good buck in velvet and left him to mind his own business. As we drove down the road, I spotted a rusty orange creature bobbing in and out of grass tufts. Take a guess what it was?! We stopped and John squeaked him but he didn't stop. Eventually he went into the bushes. John squeaked again and he came out running towards us. He stopped and fell to a quick shot to the chest from John and his Steyr. This was the first fox I'd seen shot, and its fair to say I was quite excited. I went and got the fox and we took a few photos. We saw a few more deer but left them as they were decent sized bucks and headed back. Thanks again John I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my foxes brush is on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tomes View Post
    Last night I went out with JRoe and it was a brilliant learning experience. I arrived at his house just before 7 and we went our near 8. First he took me and showed me some pheasant pens, which I found quite interesting. We then saw a good buck in velvet and left him to mind his own business. As we drove down the road, I spotted a rusty orange creature bobbing in and out of grass tufts. Take a guess what it was?! We stopped and John squeaked him but he didn't stop. Eventually he went into the bushes. John squeaked again and he came out running towards us. He stopped and fell to a quick shot to the chest from John and his Steyr. This was the first fox I'd seen shot, and its fair to say I was quite excited. I went and got the fox and we took a few photos. We saw a few more deer but left them as they were decent sized bucks and headed back. Thanks again John I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my foxes brush is on my shelf.
    You're very welcome Euan, I enjoyed meeting you and giving you the guided tour. And well done on spotting the fox before me ! ... And by the way that tail smells bad enough at the moment so it may be a good idea to skin and cure it before it gets an awful lot worse !

All the best
    ​JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Cheers yeah, I've been looking at how to cure it.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Well done John and well done Euan.

John told me things had went well, we often go out for he foxes and they are difficult around there. It's good that you saw some good Bucks too!

​TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Thanks TJ - - a good time of year to nail a Fox so I was chuffed - - sadly it was an old Dog (would have preferred the Vixen) - - - a bit miffed too that young eyes saw it before me ! - - can't understand it at all !!

Cheers

John
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

You are in good hands there Euan.

Good on you John for taking the time to show the young lad around, a great experience I bet. Gaz