Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmr went putt

hmr went putt

Hi all I was shooting rabbits to night with the hmr shot 9 and went to shoot the 10th and the shot didn't sound the same. Thinking the round might be up the spout I unloaded and checked the barrel was clear and carried on with no probs. I've sh8t 1000s of rounds with no problems untill tonight using hornaday ammo
    Regards tony
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

there has been a few posts on the net lately about faulty HMR ammo

Just be thankful it cleared the barrel!!! Could have been a real pain if it had jammed part way like some have.

Quote Originally Posted by 204 Ruger View Post
    Just be thankful it cleared the barrel!!! Could have been a real pain if it had jammed part way like some have.
    yes I have read about some of the guys getting one stuck thats why I checked it was clear before shooting any more rounds.it sounded like the cartridge was only half power
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Too many problems being reported recently, glad I stayed with a boring old 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Too many problems being reported recently, glad I stayed with a boring old 22lr
    I have a .22 as well and would never sell its to handy but tonight with a still night was able to shoot rabbits out to 200 yards its a cracking round for longer range regards tony
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Thankfully Ive stayed with the 22lr and a 22hornet old fashioned maybe but safe was going to change

Hi Tony, me and my shooting buddy both shoot Federal ammo out of our HMRs and have fire 1000s like yourself without a hickup, until now when we noticed some split necks on unfired ammo, going to take it back to the dealer next week.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Hi Tony, me and my shooting buddy both shoot Federal ammo out of our HMRs and have fire 1000s like yourself without a hickup, until now when we noticed some split necks on unfired ammo, going to take it back to the dealer next week.

Ian.
    Interesting, I have had split necks here and there for years with Federals, but no failures. Since I changed to Hornady I have not had a single split on any so far. Thought the splits were just par for the course having read around so will be interested in what your dealers has to say about it.

I recently posted about this, I had 300 round from 2011 blue tip, it would seem they may had a batch problem, split cases, bad powder etc, all the new stuff 500 rounds of hornaday red tip is so different, it even sound different when fired more crisp.