Thread: Rifle de-cocking

Rifle de-cocking

Gents your thoughts please. I have a rifle, which loaded and fired correctly whilst out lastnight. On reloading for a second shot the rifle de-cocked as i took the bolt forward, sako 75. Whats the cause of this. Thx

Sear is failing to engage, could be many reasons, but most common is over lubed, dirt or other foreign bodies in the workings, or trigger pull set to light.

Neil.

Seen a similar situation not long ago on a brand new Sako 85. When the reciever was removed from the stock the cause was a loose bolt securing the trigger assembly. Once tightened, the problem was resolved.

I'd certainly remove the action from the stock & look at this and if not the case, for other issues as suggested.

The rifle is not to be trusted in it's current state and should be examined sooner rather than later. ATB
    Last edited by deeangeo; 21-04-2013 at 11:46.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Could be a number of things:

If locking type bolt - the mech has become worn and turned inside the bolt shroud

Trigger unit loose (as previous poster suggests)

Trigger set too light

Safety assembly has moved out of unit housing slightly

User error - did you have a finger on the trigger while re-cycling - fine motor skills affected during stress moment (firing the initial shot).....

All sorted gents, thanks for the input, stripped down fully,some muck in there, and all bolts suitable tightened, now working better than before i think

Quote Originally Posted by norseman View Post
    All sorted gents, thanks for the input, stripped down fully,some muck in there, and all bolts suitable tightened, now working better than before i think
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!