Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coventry poacher caught

Coventry poacher caught

Just read in my local rag that Solihull police are investigating a Coventry FAC holder who was seen leaving a Solihull council nature reserve wood with a muntjac and rifle over his shoulder.
    It seems that a visitor to the reserve saw him and took his car registration number.
    When they visited him at home the found plenty of muntjac at the property and are looking into his FAC for breech of conditions in addition to the allegation of poaching.

how easy though might it be for an anti to be aware this guy is a legit deer stalker and knew he had shot deer on an outing and took the opportunity to make a false allegation perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    how easy though might it be for an anti to be aware this guy is a legit deer stalker and knew he had shot deer on an outing and took the opportunity to make a false allegation perhaps?
    My first thoughts also. What exactly does the report say - man see leaving ground after stalking deer?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It says was seen in the wood with the deer over his shoulder walking out. It says the car registration number was taken and the police visited his home that night.
    a very serious allegation to make falsely, it was quite specific and there is no authorised stalking carried out at that location.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    My first thoughts also. What exactly does the report say - man see leaving ground after stalking deer?
    This should help with some of it

west-midlands.police.uk by Mobify

​be interesting the here the outcome and who the person was..

that'll be interesting that area is fairly close to where my family are from i'll see do they know anything no shortage of deer round there either
    a barony original

Well the person who reported him knew their deer, they didn't just say deer but specifically a Muntjac......

I think this is the incident the the police tweeted about. They seemed very keen to show that they do take rural crime seriously.

According to that report on the link he admitted it ???

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    This should help with some of it

west-midlands.police.uk by Mobify

​be interesting the here the outcome and who the person was..
    Thanks Stone that puts meat on the bone of the story, but only a caution?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.