Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best foam for cleaning a barrel?

what is the best foam for cleaning a barrel?

hi guys. can anyone recommend a good foam for cleaning the barrel on a cz 452?

Cheers kane

What calibre 452 ?
    .22lr = leave it alone.

Neil.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    What calibre 452 ?
    .22lr = leave it alone.

Neil.
    as above.

foam ???????????? in a barrel.... never used it,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    as above.

foam ???????????? in a barrel.... never used it,

bob.
    You should try it Bob, ear plugs are great to stopper the muzzle for soaking the bore

Neil.

it is the cz 452 but last night whilst out shooting it nearly every round fired failed to eject when working the bolt. we has to grip the fired case with our nails to remove it. using eley and not had this problem before so was thinking the barrel needs a more thourough clean?

Quote Originally Posted by younggun22 View Post
    it is the cz 452 but last night whilst out shooting it nearly every round fired failed to eject when working the bolt. we has to grip the fired case with our nails to remove it. using eley and not had this problem before so was thinking the barrel needs a more thourough clean?
    A .22lr then, clean just the chamber, leave the bore alone, a jag wrapped in tissue will do.
    Also check and clean the bolt and extractor ejector arms, may just be not gripping the case properly.
    See the attached pic to see what a properly shaped pair of arms should look like.

Neil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GizzyMod.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	27334

A .22lr then, clean just the chamber, leave the bore alone, a jag wrapped in tissue will do.
    Also check and clean the bolt and extractor ejector arms, may just be not gripping the case properly.
    See the attached pic to see what a properly shaped pair of arms should look like.

Neil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GizzyMod.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	27334
    yep must agree gonna be nothing to do with your barrel , just give your bolt a good clean and chamber, probably find they are crud'd up with burnt powder

Nothing to do with your barrel - I have a 452 .22lr I use eley's in and regularly have this problem... it's caused by the wax coating eley put on their bullets. This wax builds up in the chamber and the brass gets stuck in when it expands against the wax on the chamber walls. It also prevents the extractor claw from getting a hold on the rim.

give it a good wipe with a rag or brush, make sure your extractor is clear of goo, and accept this will happen every 500 rounds... or switch to Winchester or CCI who use a less gunky lubricant on their 22lr ammo.

Agree to all this, same problem after Eleys. Good post on this a while a go with a link to a you tube clip. Get cleaning!!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    You should try it Bob, ear plugs are great to stopper the muzzle for soaking the bore

Neil.

Hi neil

not my thing to use foam on a barrel,

hope your well. not long now to i find out if i have the job on a full time basis.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube