Thread: Made myself a stainless larder table

Made myself a stainless larder table

I got some stainless wire for the mig welder the other day and found a local supplier of 25x50mm stainless box section, so decided to have a go at making myself a folding table for the game larder.

Yet to test it out with a deer, but it looks the part. There are a few minor tweaks that I would make if I made another one, but otherwise i'm pleased with it.

Sorry about the poor quality phone camera pics.

Mark.

made myself a stainless

Looks a good effort!, you'll have David Stretton looking over his shoulder at that rate! , I'd cap the ends though, Steve.

Re: made myself a stainless

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Looks a good effort!, you'll have David Stretton looking over his shoulder at that rate! , I'd cap the ends though, Steve.
    I am planning on capping the ends and dressing the welds a bit more yet.

Who's David Stretton???

Re: made myself a stainless

Quote Originally Posted by Little Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    I am planning on capping the ends and dressing the welds a bit more yet.

Who's David Stretton???
    Have a look at Donnington deer park on the web, also look out for the guy doing demo's in the main ring at game fairs skin/gralloch etc; also wrote a lot of the dsc stuff. Steve.

How about a cutting list and sizes.

Please

I emailed your photo to a mate (hope you dont mind) who is handy with a welder and asked him if he could knock one up for me.

Cheeky B----d asked me where I was getting the deer

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    I emailed your photo to a mate (hope you dont mind) who is handy with a welder and asked him if he could knock one up for me.

Cheeky B----d asked me where I was getting the deer
    If you want to make one of these, bear in mind.......
    - the steel will cost you around 100 - 9.20/m + Vat (if you use the strong stuff that I did - 50x25x2mm)
    - An 8" roll of 0.8mm stainless welding wire is around 75 (although you won't use it all on one bench, unless you're doing something wrong!)
    - You will need plenty of grinding discs and hacksaw blades as this stuff is hard.
    - Factor in a couple of dust masks, bolts, the electric and the best part of a days work and you wont make one for 'nowt'.

Mark.

you need to get yourself a new wire brush

What!! That wire brush has got years left in it! Give it another 12 months then cut the end off and keep it as a special short brush for hard to reach places! When its done a couple more years in that role you can hand it over to the Mrs for cleaning the BBQ. JC