DEER LAWN favourite plants

Overlay

Hi guys

Anyone one got favourite plantings for a deer lawn, lupine, anemones I believe are supposed to be good to attract deer away from other domestic plantings to stop damage to gardens etc

Any advice would be appreciated

Atb

​Phil

Hi guys Anyone one got favourite plantings for a deer lawn, lupine, anemones I believe are supposed to be good to attract deer away from other domestic plantings to stop damage to gardens etc Any advice would be appreciated Atb ​Phil
Kings deer lawn seed..

As previously posted willow whips are good and easy to strike, if for roe ivy and rasp/bramble are useful round the edges . Probably the best thing is to add nitrogen fert and keep the grass topped so it grows fresh leaving a rougher area round the edges.

I'd suggest getting
Gardens & Deer ISBN 1-85310-965-7
If you plant anything attractive near your garden it's just going to bring them in, unless that's what you want;)

Trying to lure the deer away a very big garden to reduce damage to the flowers, there aren't that many deer there to cause concern, But there is some real damage to the larger bush plants

Willow and lupines should grow ok together to start, there is a coppice a short distance away which I will make a clearing inside which has a natural damp area which should suit the willow and see what happens.

Thanks guys appreciated

Phil

Hi guys

Anyone one got favourite plantings for a deer lawn, lupine, anemones I believe are supposed to be good to attract deer away from other domestic plantings to stop damage to gardens etc

Any advice would be appreciated

Atb

​Phil

Perennial Chicory 'Puna 11'

Back