Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BASC Arran Sheme - changes

BASC Arran Sheme - changes

Hello

Can anyone tell me what changes have been brought in since last years unfortunate incident have they gone health and safety mad or would it still be worth going ?

Cheers

Hi 357 mag yes it's definitely still worth going.
    Yes there has been changes but nothing to drastic there is a new call in system no texting. There are three prearranged times where you have to call Mike the new coordinator. The Monday morning meeting went on a bit but nothing more than you would expect after the unfortunate circumstances. Apart from that there was no real change Bob was still very involved collecting beasts and the normal advice available should you need. We Saw plenty of beast on the last week of the hinds and I've booked for the stags and hinds already and cant wait to get back so it could not have been that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Hello

Can anyone tell me what changes have been brought in since last years unfortunate incident have they gone health and safety mad or would it still be worth going ?

Cheers
    What happened last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    What happened last year?
    Tragically a guy lost his life will out stalking on the scheme

Cheers crouch valley,

That sounds a bit of a pain as you normally don't have a phone signal so could be interesting as to how that works !

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Cheers crouch valley,

That sounds a bit of a pain as you normally don't have a phone signal so could be interesting as to how that works !
    We were lucky were we were as between the pair of us we normally had a bit of signal between us it was more of a case of remembering to be honest. I was thinking of investing in a couple of cheap pay as you go phones on different tariffs just to through in the bag or go all out and buy a sat phone.

Have you guys seen the new GPS tracker in the bush wear catalogue that syncs with a smartphone and allows text comms via the sat network and allows real time online tracking just so your good lady knows where you are

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Have you guys seen the new GPS tracker in the bush wear catalogue that syncs with a smartphone and allows text comms via the sat network and allows real time online tracking just so your good lady knows where you are
    Why on earth would you want her to know where you are? A mate perhaps, but not 'er indoors'!!!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Why on earth would you want her to know where you are? A mate perhaps, but not 'er indoors'!!!
    ​So true

Maybe the best answer to this question would come from BASC them selves. I am sure after some one looses there life on a scheme things would be looked at regards risk . I would think there will be a few changes but not many most eventually,s will have been covered by both the FE and BASC.