Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No items received!!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Angry No items received!!

How do admin wish to deal with site users that offer to sell stuff, buyers pay, then nothing turns up? The seller has not been online and won't reply to PM's, we all know they come to your emails, so will be well aware that they are trying to be contacted!
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Sadly TJ I think you should name and shame the other party! maybe send them a pm or e-mail first letting them know what you intend to do.
    Also did the sender pay for insurance.
    I have always had good service off fellow members on this site when buying or selling, and have been sent items on trust prior to payment by some.
    It would be a shame to see that trust eroded by others.
    Hope you get it resolved
    Sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    How do admin wish to deal with site users that offer to sell stuff, buyers pay, then nothing turns up? The seller has not been online and won't reply to PM's, we all know they come to your emails, so will be well aware that they are trying to be contacted!
    i am in the same boat as you , kind of thinking /hopeing that there are on holiday or something ,i will give them chance ,but doubt is in the back of my mind after no replys to pms ,

my view of the matter is that you cant expect admin to be responsible for unscrupulous members, however, to my mind they should try to contact them on your behalf and if they think that an injustice has been done to a fellow member i think that they should ban the person off this site.
    It must be very fustrating to you and I hope it can be resolved amicably otherwise my advice is the small claims court to seek compensation from the person who not sent the item you purchased.
    regards
    ajr

It might help if something on the lines of "can someone help me contact so and so"
    There may be someone on site that knows them and tells them you mentioned them on site and it may jerk them in the right direction as they might worry about what else you might put on the site if they don't !!!!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    my view of the matter is that you cant expect admin to be responsible for unscrupulous members, however, to my mind they should try to contact them on your behalf and if they think that an injustice has been done to a fellow member i think that they should ban the person off this site.
    It must be very fustrating to you and I hope it can be resolved amicably otherwise my advice is the small claims court to seek compensation from the person who not sent the item you purchased.
    regards
    ajr
    I'm not expecting admin to chace the individual but I think that they should have to let me know how they want me to or indeed them deal with it. If they want to chase the individual, then that's up to them, I could name and shame, but that just turns into a slagging match. Get banned? Get an on screen warning, I don't know the answer.....I know what I'd like to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    It might help if something on the lines of "can someone help me contact so and so"
    There may be someone on site that knows them and tells them you mentioned them on site and it may jerk them in the right direction as they might worry about what else you might put on the site if they don't !!!!
    I could try that but everyone would now know who has defaulted with the item....it would just turn into my comment above.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

[ I could try that but everyone would now know who has defaulted with the item....it would just turn into my comment above. /QUOTE]

Hi Stu, there would be no reason to say on the site why you are trying to contact him, only the guilty person would know and may get a pang of conciouse !! or may worry that you may disclose the reason later if he didn't contact you !!

It would not help you get your money back TJ, but I do think anyone who either does not sent goods that have been payed for nor pay for goods that have been sent should get a life time ban.

You have been very unlucky I would imagine, I have sold stuff on here and sent it off before I have received payment
    and not once have I been let down.

have you checked if they've been active on the SD since the sale? if not, there may be a genuine reason for the delay/lack of response, and you should try to get their contact details in another manner. Once you have exhausted all hope, you should take them to small claims court, and I believe Admin can provide the court with their IP address so they can get authorisation to obtain name/address details, etc...not entirely sure of the processs but it can be done.

I don't think 'naming and shaming' is the right thing to do, you never know, the poor sod could've passed away in the meantime!
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

How long has it been ? I look at theforums and occasionally buy stuff / sell the odd thing whilst away from home but I don't do financial while I'm away.I don't know how secure the wifi is where I am .Posting stuff obviously can only take place when I'm back (or when I can get out ) .Persist in trying but ask admin to email ,just to check they are still online ,I'm sure they will oblige.