Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bases for a BSA CF2?

Bases for a BSA CF2?

Can anyone advise me which bases will fit a short action BSA CF2 rifle (it's a stutzen if that makes any difference). I'm in the process of stripping and refinishing a much neglected one in .243 and have had to drill out a seized scope ring, making replacements a necessity . As they are mounted on a one piece base that looks pretty ugly to my eye, I may as well replace them with two-piece bases and rings in a nice glossy black to match the planned finish on the restored action and barrel.

I usually use Leupold STD rings and bases but they don't seem to list the BSA action. I have a vague notion that bases from another commonly available action fit the CF2 but I'm damned if I remember which one...

any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam.

I may be answering my own question - can someone confirm that bases for the long action Remington 700 fit all BSA CF2 actions?

​Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I may be answering my own question - can someone confirm that bases for the long action Remington 700 fit all BSA CF2 actions?

​Cheers.
    they did on mine
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

​Cheers.
    ​Yes.

Excellent, thanks for that Gentlemen - I have now ordered what appear to be the only set of gloss finish Rem' 700 Leupold STD bases and Low rings in the entire United Kingdom - matte finish no problemo but gloss scope mounting furniture is in short supply, clearly I'm so far behind the trend I'm in danger of starting a new one...

Barrelled action and bottom metal have been dispatched to Northampton to be polished and re-blued to better than original condition, so now I need to get down to some serious varnish stripping, scotchbriting alkanet oiling and re-oiling over the next few weeks to get the beautiful stutzen stock into tip top condition.

Hopefully I'll be taking it to Africa in June and July to roll over the odd Springbok for the camp kitchen...

I don't know if this helps,but ive found almost everything bsa related here.I fancy fitting a hair trigger,in leu of the some what hard trigger i now have.

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/

Adamant,
    the CF2 needs Long Action Rem 700 bases. I had a 1 piece base on mine.
    I don't know how your standard ones will work out for you.

Excellent, thanks for that Gentlemen - I have now ordered what appear to be the only set of gloss finish Rem' 700 Leupold STD bases and Low rings in the entire United Kingdom - matte finish no problemo but gloss scope mounting furniture is in short supply, clearly I'm so far behind the trend I'm in danger of starting a new one...

Barrelled action and bottom metal have been dispatched to Northampton to be polished and re-blued to better than original condition, so now I need to get down to some serious varnish stripping, scotchbriting alkanet oiling and re-oiling over the next few weeks to get the beautiful stutzen stock into tip top condition.

Hopefully I'll be taking it to Africa in June and July to roll over the odd Springbok for the camp kitchen...
    Look forward to seeing the finished re stored rifle and African trip pictures Adam. Good Hunting. Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Adamant, the CF2 needs Long Action Rem 700 bases. I had a 1 piece base on mine. I don't know how your standard ones will work out for you.

I've ordered the Leupold STD 50015 two-piece bases, which are for a long action Rem' 700, so it should be fine - I have an Australian made one piece base here but always think having the mount bridging the ejection port for no particular purpose or benefit looks ugly on these pretty rifles. It's only a .243 so it's not like I have to worry about the scope moving under heavy recoil. However I'll keep an eye out for a set of sensibly priced secondhand Apel mounts for it, as they always look perfect and will give the option of using the iron sights if the mood takes me.