Thread: Silver fox

Silver fox

In the write up the other day I mentioned seeming a small blonde fox. Yesterday there was sheep on the road so I called in to the local farm to advise. As I chatted I mentioned the fox. He said I am not the first to see it. Someone else saw it in the Alanton area. Anyone else seen one. Is it a small fox light coloured is it an escapee silver? It was about a mile and a half from where it was seen previously so is there more than one?

Don't know about your fox mate but I have pictures of a pure white one a mate got with terriers years ago was in Scotland aswell

i saw somthing similar in Findhorn a couple of weeks ago but i told myself it was a cross breed with a dog and fox, but not sure as it didnt hang around long enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnySonics View Post
    i saw somthing similar in Findhorn a couple of weeks ago but i told myself it was a cross breed with a dog and fox, but not sure as it didnt hang around long enough!!
    Foxes and dogs can't breed they have different numbers of chroma zones

A farmer near me shot one that was nearly black and had it mounted, but the only extremely light foxes I have seen and also shot have been old and also in poor condition.