Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 06 opinions - especially a Tikka T3

30 06 opinions - especially a Tikka T3

Hello folks,

I have been a member a while but not really active a lot so firstly "hello", I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on using a 30 06 for roe and foxing, I have a 243 and have no intentions of getting rid of it but fancied a 30 06 after shooting one in the USA and liking it, I also wanted something for the occasional red/boar if I can organise it.

I picked up a fairly nice Tikka but it hasn't arrived yet so just wondered if anyone had opinions/info on these, it is a lite but I have a wood stock for it as I dislike the composite ones.

Regards, and hello again,

Gixer

Don't think you'll go wrong with a T3.
    Our feedback seemed to be consistent of T3's, 243 upwards prefer it if the recoil lug is glued in the stock and maybe a bit of skim bedding
    in the recoil lug/action screw area. I personally think the wooden stock is better than an injection moulded stock as long as it doesn't get too wet.
    edi

Excellent caliber and rifle. i have 30-06 and love it very accurate and versatile. My friend has a Tikka T3 in 30-06 and must have put 3000 rounds through it I have hunted with him in Africa and on driven boar in Slovakia and Czech it has never let him down. You would have more chances getting a date with his missus than getting his T3.

Tusker.

30-06 is pretty easy to handload and works well with most options. I've found with some propellants that magnum primer work best and that standard can be a bit iffy for ignition... I've a T3 as well... well built.

I'm interested in this too, just about to start reloading for a 30-06 t3 varmint with 24" barrel. Want to push 125 ballistic tips a quick and accurate as possible, anyone got suggestions for powder and starting/max load please.

I've had Tika T3 Hunter 30-06 for years it's an excellent round very accurate and easy to homeload with brilliant results.

Jimbo

My concern was the fact my Tikka is the "lite" version, does anyone find the 30 06 recoil a problem with such a light rifle?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Regards,
    Gixer

Out of interest, what is the diffenrece between the light and hunter T3? Is the action different or is it just the weight of the wood stock vs the composite?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Out of interest, what is the diffenrece between the light and hunter T3? Is the action different or is it just the weight of the wood stock vs the composite?
    I think that's all it is mike (and hope so as I have the wood stock to up the weight a little if need be)

regards,
    ​gixer

Thanks for that, always wondered.