Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A touch of spring

A touch of spring

Still bitterly cold up here with snow on the hills but noticed today a shimmer of green on the larch trees that was not there yesterday, though winter is reluctant to let go its grip of the land , spring will slowly but surely gain the upper hand.

Wintry showers over the weekend and night frosts say no.

Should be coming up near you this weekend ,is it worth it? Have you managed to get out on the bucks yet bogtrotter?

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Should be coming up near you this weekend ,is it worth it? Have you managed to get out on the bucks yet bogtrotter?
    No not yet first clients not until mid May, I have seen one clean buck so far and in another area saw some fraying but the majority are still in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    You should be OK especially if on the lower ground, I am among the hills only need to go twenty miles south and its like a different country.

Hi bogtrotter our land is about 4 miles top side of The Bridge of Cally is it ok there and how much snow is expected this weekend? We have not been able to get on the land since before Christmas I was looking forward to the trip and then saw the weather.

Bridge of Cally is quite a bit from me 70 miles or so, but looking at the forecast you could be OK they are saying cloudy with rain showers , sunny intervals on Saturday and temp between 10 and 12 degrees which does not sound to bad.

My Grandson is a keeper in one of the Angus glens not that far as the crow flies from where you will be, he says that while they still have some snow on the high ground , and are still getting the odd wintry flurry its improving daily.

Thanks for that mate!

Spring is on the way , have a couple of willow trees in front of the house and the catkins have opened today.

Hi all. Out stalking Monday eve and mentioned to my stalking mate that the Roe were still in their winter coats. His reply was "So are we". Made me chuckle.