Thread: Howa 1500 trigger

Howa 1500 trigger

My Howa 1500 stainless had developed an amount of trigger creep of late, having read articles on other shooters remedial courses some replacing with Timney's or Jewel, I resolved to get to the bottom of the problem, after disassembly & inspection I was pleased to find no wear or other detrimental condition, but simply the rtv they used at manufacture to retain screw settings had not been correctly applied so a simple job of resetting the pull weight & then the travel value, being careful not to impede the safety funtion, then the application of a spot of quality Rocol locking fluid after a shock test to assure that the trigger was not too lightly set. 8)

I have done a little shock test previously as well( by dropping from 12 inches onto the butt), I thought it was ok until I done a bolt slam. Then the trigger went off. Make sure its ok by slamming the bolt.

trigger

I always try for a slamfire first port of call, much better indicator than drop test, Steve.

I've got three Howa's and always buy a Timney as a matter of course when I take delivery.

If anyone should want a new Howa factory trigger group please let me know as I'm happy to sell my unused ones for a small fee plus P&P

Regards